"Troubled Minds" - a Joker/Eva01 inspired set - Live on Massdrop

thesiscamper

12 Nov 2015, 22:34

Hi everyone, I'm new to mechanical keyboards, and newer still in Deskthority. I designed a keyset based on the Joker, and later added some Eva 01 kits, and I invite you to check out the group buy already happening in Massdrop.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/troubled-m ... guest_open

I've been doing 3D mockups for my sets and others for a couple of months now, including Alpine Winter, K-Type, and RetroBlight and my own sets of course. Here are the mockups for Troubled Minds I've done so far:

If you're interested in the development of Troubled Minds, you can check the IC thread here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=75345.0

Thank you for your time! :)
Last edited by thesiscamper on 14 Nov 2015, 10:54, edited 5 times in total.

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 22:36

kbdfr wrote: When linking to Massdrop,
please do not support them compelling people to register/sign in to know what it's about, but make it accessible to everyone by adding the following to the URL:

?mode=guest_open

thesiscamper

12 Nov 2015, 22:40

Muirium wrote:
kbdfr wrote: When linking to Massdrop,
please do not support them compelling people to register/sign in to know what it's about, but make it accessible to everyone by adding the following to the URL:

?mode=guest_open

Oh sorry for that, I've fixed the link in the OP.

edit: fixed the link in OP again, I know I changed that earlier. Anyway it should be linking to guest mode now (I'm on mobile).
Last edited by thesiscamper on 13 Nov 2015, 03:36, edited 1 time in total.

TheNacho
delicious.

12 Nov 2015, 22:52

Might have to pick this one up, just so I can tell Shinji to get into the fucking robot in style ...

chzel

12 Nov 2015, 22:54

It's NOT a fucking robot...

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 22:55

That's what she said…

thesiscamper

12 Nov 2015, 23:00

I keep getting these warnings regardless which browser I use, FF, Chrome or IE.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/automatic_dst.php on line 31: Undefined offset: 0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5071: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5073: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5076: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5077: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 23:04

Where? Here? I don't see any of that.

thesiscamper

12 Nov 2015, 23:07

Muirium wrote: Where? Here? I don't see any of that.
Yes, at the top of the page. That means there's something wrong on my end...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (218.08 KiB) Viewed 7108 times

TheNacho
delicious.

12 Nov 2015, 23:08

I dont think theres anything you can do about that on the client side. Maybe it is a caching issue, but I guess someone should check the phpBB files for any debug lines that are not commented

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 23:10

Try clicking on this link:

http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/t ... 12030.html

Still get the debug text?

thesiscamper

12 Nov 2015, 23:11

Muirium wrote: Try clicking on this link:

http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/t ... 12030.html

Still get the debug text?
Yes unfortunately. This is how it looks like.

chzel

12 Nov 2015, 23:14

Mu broke it.
Is the J going to be regular or the stylized version in pic 2?
Also what's up with NERV? Why use the 3.0 version and not the far cooler original?

thesiscamper

12 Nov 2015, 23:18

chzel wrote:Mu broke it.
Is the J going to be regular or the stylized version in pic 2?
Also what's up with NERV? Why use the 3.0 version and not the far cooler original?
The J in the base kit will be normal, the stylized J will be in the novelties. I decided it's easier to use the newer Nerv logo to play around with the shape, since I can't use the actual logo. The Nerv logo in the set is props to geekhack where the design was fully developed.

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 23:18

Because NEW. Everyone forgets…

TheNacho
delicious.

12 Nov 2015, 23:20

Please dont remind me of 3.33 ...

chzel

12 Nov 2015, 23:25

I still haven't watched 3.0 (3.33)...I'm afraid I'll hate it.

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 23:27

I still haven't watched Godfather 3…

TheNacho
delicious.

12 Nov 2015, 23:28

chzel wrote: I still haven't watched 3.0 (3.33)...I'm afraid I'll hate it.
Well, after 1.11 and 2.22, disappointed would be a major understatement. But even though I think 2.22 was pretty good, it doesn't beat the original with EoE

mr_a500

12 Nov 2015, 23:29

Muirium wrote: I still haven't watched Godfather 3…
Lucky bastard. I saw it in the cinema in 1990 and I still cringe when I think about it.

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 23:33

Against my advice, my brother watched it recently. And he can't see why people hate it. I'd rather not take a bullet just to be able to squabble with him.

Besides, the tasteless bugger doesn't even like Glengarry Glen Ross! There's no helping some people…

romevi

12 Nov 2015, 23:56

TheNacho wrote:
Well, after 1.11 and 2.22, disappointed would be a major understatement. But even though I think 2.22 was pretty good, it doesn't beat the original with EoE
End of Evangelion is one of the best endings of a show I've seen. I haven't watched 3.33, and I was a bit disappointed by the massive changes brought on by 2.0/2.22, but I'm still going to watch it anyway.
Last I checked it wasn't out on Blu-ray. What was the hold-up?

Muirium
µ

13 Nov 2015, 00:04

I honestly prefer the original end to Evangelion. The last two episodes of the series. Harder for the kids to understand – the kids watching the show, not to be confused with the kids inside it! – but much more enigmatic than the orgy of cataclysmic violence that they only hint at; which the film went on to make real.

SL89

13 Nov 2015, 00:05

Everything after the end of the OG series is the creators personal headcanon and I will disregard all of it.

Muirium
µ

13 Nov 2015, 00:06

Exactly.

Either you listen to the same podcasts as I do, or head canon has really caught on in the world at large!

TheNacho
delicious.

13 Nov 2015, 00:09

romevi wrote:
TheNacho wrote:
End of Evangelion is one of the best endings of a show I've seen. I haven't watched 3.33, and I was a bit disappointed by the massive changes brought on by 2.0/2.22, but I'm still going to watch it anyway.
Last I checked it wasn't out on Blu-ray. What was the hold-up?
It has been out here (in Europe) for quite a while now. Not sure whats the deal over the pond ...

I liked the original ending aswell, but I think you still feel that they had no money left for the last few episodes.

Muirium
µ

13 Nov 2015, 00:14

No money. No sanity. Just vision and willpower. Evangelion in a nutshell! Such genius that twisted little show.

TheNacho
delicious.

13 Nov 2015, 00:19

It is. I am still looking for an EoE DVD to complete my collection though. Not sure about getting one of 3.33, but for completeness sake I might.

Muirium
µ

13 Nov 2015, 00:22

I've got the Death/Rebirth and End of Evangelion DVDs. Which have remained, years after my last working DVD player! Not sure why but nostalgia and laziness…

TheNacho
delicious.

13 Nov 2015, 00:28

Muirium wrote: I've got the Death/Rebirth and End of Evangelion DVDs. Which have remained, years after my last working DVD player! Not sure why but nostalgia and laziness…
Nothing wrong with that. Same goes for my DVD boxes of the series... and yes, it's more than one

Return to “Group buys”