Cherry MX and Matias switches

7bit

21 Jul 2012, 12:18

They are not in stock currently, but I hope they are soon. I get delivery dates next week.

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

21 Jul 2012, 17:20

Are the MXGREEN still orderable? I'd like to use my round 4 overpayment on them if possible (since my PayPal is still locked, unless that overpayment disappeared after the R4 no refund date.)

7bit

21 Jul 2012, 18:47

Game Theory wrote:Are the MXGREEN still orderable? I'd like to use my round 4 overpayment on them if possible (since my PayPal is still locked, unless that overpayment disappeared after the R4 no refund date.)
Yes, just order!

Also, whatever you order from me, just pay to SP.

:-)

cyngguru

22 Jul 2012, 09:25

Do you ship worldwide? :)

7bit

22 Jul 2012, 09:43

cyngguru wrote:Do you ship worldwide? :)
Yes, except North-Korea, Syria and Iran.
:o

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

22 Jul 2012, 10:14

worldwide(ish)...

Why do some people have custom user titles? Game Theory has 20 posts and joined in April, yet is one of the few who has one...

Djuzuh

22 Jul 2012, 10:55

The_Ed wrote:worldwide(ish)...

Why do some people have custom user titles? Game Theory has 20 posts and joined in April, yet is one of the few who has one...
Donations.

7bit

22 Jul 2012, 12:44

Please order switches and donate them to someone who is able to make you a custom user titles.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

22 Jul 2012, 21:33

I already said that I would put another order in AFTER I receive my first. How much of a donation are we talking anyway?

webwit
Wild Duck

22 Jul 2012, 21:41

7bit

22 Jul 2012, 21:42

I don't know. If you ask me, it would not be worth it.

So I pay you 10 EUR and you put Wild Duck under my avatar?

webwit
Wild Duck

22 Jul 2012, 21:44

How can you resist?

kint

22 Jul 2012, 21:55

I'm a member of a forum where you get the user titles assigned by the Administration upon your appearance on the board. These are very disturbing, usually X-rated and quite offensive for the avatar. On the other hand the whole forum is... It's the only community that's as nice as DT though... :D
edit: typos...
Last edited by kint on 22 Jul 2012, 22:10, edited 2 times in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

22 Jul 2012, 22:00

Someone set runeazn's title to "princess" once, but he didn't seem to appreciate.

7bit

22 Jul 2012, 22:06

Maybe it's better to leave it as it is.

Or maybe change it to something embarrassing and people are willing to 'donate' even more to make it go away!
:evilgeek:

Nevertheless: Switches anybody?

Half-Saint

22 Jul 2012, 22:46

Sure but isn't this group buy closed? ;)

mintberryminuscrunch

22 Jul 2012, 22:51

restarted

damorgue

23 Jul 2012, 17:20

How does the MX Lock feel? I know that it stays down in sort of a 'toggle' way, but what type of feel is it, eg, linear, tactile etc. Is there a bump or any kind of feedback that you have passed the point where it will stay down?

IvanIvanovich

23 Jul 2012, 17:39

It appears to be an MX black with locking function. I believe the stem is slightly different to not allow changing it to blue for example, but assume you could still change the spring?

damorgue

23 Jul 2012, 17:40

lysol wrote:It's an MX black with locking function.
No faint click or anything to indicate that you are past the point of actuation and locking?

IvanIvanovich

23 Jul 2012, 17:41

I don't have one yet, but assume when it latches it would be apparent.

7bit

23 Jul 2012, 19:56

damorgue wrote:
lysol wrote:It's an MX black with locking function.
No faint click or anything to indicate that you are past the point of actuation and locking?
No indication, it is completely linear. Just bottom it out and it will stay low. The next time it comes up again.

The spring is stiffer than black. I prefer it to have a black spring so the contrast to reds or other light switches is not so huge and a black is still heavy enough to let it come up again.

The ideal switch for gaming, BTW!

damorgue

23 Jul 2012, 20:12

7bit wrote: The ideal switch for gaming, BTW!
[sarcasm]
OMG, it totally is! And imagine all the time you'll save when you don't have to press a button twice!
There were a couple in that sentence alone! OMG OMG OMG, I think you are onto something
[/sarcasm]

Thx for the answer anyways, I may use them for caps lock, insert and such if I am able to change the code to work that way. De-bouncing might behave weird with it.

7bit

23 Jul 2012, 22:52

I'm thinking of the Fire button or something like that.

However it is also nice when you want to draw an ASCII line like this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or avoid errors when typing exclamation marks:

!!!!!!11!1!!!1!!!!!1!!!11!!!! <---without MXLOCK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <---with MXLOCK
See the difference?

Now you know you want one!

IvanIvanovich

23 Jul 2012, 23:01

LOL, yes perfect for gaming... actually it might be ok to use for W as you usually do keep moving forward always... hehehe.
I want them for my shift keys, and I will remove caps lock all together as it would be redundant.

damorgue

23 Jul 2012, 23:09

7bit wrote: Now you know you want one!

Already have a couple on my order.

Yeah, I remember those old non-original controllers which had turbo buttons, although those repeated the key press signal at a certain frequency instead of being a toggle-kind.

The_Beast

24 Jul 2012, 01:10

It would be cool if we could order just stems

damorgue

24 Jul 2012, 01:15

I wouldn't want to be the guy that had to open thousands of switches. Too bad they only come assembled. One would think that they would be cheaper since there is one less step in the production line.

7bit

24 Jul 2012, 11:41

The_Beast wrote:It would be cool if we could order just stems
You can have around 200 red stems if you like.

The_Beast

24 Jul 2012, 14:22

7bit wrote:
The_Beast wrote:It would be cool if we could order just stems
You can have around 200 red stems if you like.

Really? I was looking for reds/blacks and some clear stems :lol:

Return to “Group buys”