buckling spring with cherry on top

lot_lizard

05 May 2016, 21:14

We have a spacebar adapter (even though it looks like something that might fly in and abduct you while you are sleeping :) )

When I finally looked at it, there was really only one option to stabilize (use the existing model M/F wire stabilizer). I have always been nervous the wire clips would break when messing with the previous M spacebar, so I thickened the footprint a bit. The dimensions were taken from the wiki since I don't have any physical Cherry caps to play with yet

wiki/Space_bar_dimensions#7_units_.2813 ... m_apart.29

And I am making the assumption that is the same spacing as the R6 7 unit spacebar

wiki/File:HONEYB_SPACE700_WHITE.png

I am pleased, and confident in it. Now onto the other, more simplistic special keys (though they might be more difficult to retrofit)
Spoiler:
spaceBarKeystem.png
spaceBarKeystem.png (33.1 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
Front looking upward
Front looking upward
spaceBarKeystemBottom.png (23.18 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
Front looking downward
Front looking downward
spaceBarKeystemFront.png (28.42 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
Profile.  The wire clips are there, but not rendered well by the visual
Profile. The wire clips are there, but not rendered well by the visual
spaceBarKeystemSide.png (10.21 KiB) Viewed 1231 times

drevyek

28 May 2016, 20:38

A note for anyone who is watching this thread from afar(as I was)- it is continued here:

workshop-f7/remodeling-the-model-m-t13796.html

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

28 May 2016, 21:13

Good work indeed!

But why did you put an hole and not another stem, on the right?

Also, I think you can remove the spoiler, it reduces readability (or just "viewability", here :mrgreen: )

lot_lizard

28 May 2016, 21:34

ramnes wrote: Good work indeed!

But why did you put an hole and not another stem, on the right?

Also, I think you can remove the spoiler, it reduces readability (or just "viewability", here :mrgreen: )
If we did add another stem/stabilizer, it would be on the left because there is a barrel there on the M. It would essentially be like it is on the left now, with another ring around the Cherry mount on the bottom to stabilize on the faux barrel (like the M spacebar). That might still get added, but I want to have something physical in hand to test with first (ships next week).

On the right side, I am assuming there are 2 Cherry mounts because there can be layout configuration changes for the underlying board... a 7 unit Cherry spacebar which we need, vs a 6 unit if you wanted to gain a function/control key on the Cherry board. I will have a 7u in my hand if/when the 7bit stuff finally ships. Since the inner right-most is technically not needed, I replaced with a cutout there to aid in getting the mount off of the stem adapter later.

Again, this will take a little testing to confirm (and there is room to make changes as we need), but if the double right is needed... why not the left? Make sense?

Return to “Workshop”