Great/Interesting Finds

Dra

27 Sep 2016, 11:19

Yeah I ordered both Wey boards, sent offerd for 5€ less on each, he accepted both, for some reason ebay tells me i can't get shipping to Austria, so I'm trying to talk to the seller to update my total

Phenix
-p

27 Sep 2016, 11:35

Are those WEY keyboards working with USB w/o much effort? Looks interesting

t!ng
Awake Sheep

27 Sep 2016, 11:43

I ordered two of them and will sell one or both here soon without profit. I think the Doubleshots and MX Clears are worth it alone.

Dra

27 Sep 2016, 12:07

yeah i paid more than that for MX Clears alone a couple of days ago (which I regret now) so it's great to get these amazing boards for cheap and complete with all the accessories

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

27 Sep 2016, 22:40

cml

27 Sep 2016, 23:49

Local classified:
http://es.wallapop.com/item/teclafo-mec ... m-78935762

model M 122. Worth it? (look at that yellowed spacebar, yuck)

fohat
Elder Messenger

28 Sep 2016, 00:04

cml wrote: Local classified:

Not in the US, $30-$35 + shipping max over here. (and a seller should be happy to get it)

Greenock started using ABS space bars sometime in the early 1990s.

cml

28 Sep 2016, 00:16

fohat wrote:
cml wrote: Local classified:

Not in the US, $30-$35 + shipping max over here. (and a seller should be happy to get it)

Greenock started using ABS space bars sometime in the early 1990s.
Thank you. That's what I thought considering a thorough cleaning would be mandatory after buying. But I'm so desperate for an IBM (an affordable one, I mean)

Darkshado

28 Sep 2016, 04:06

I'm on the opposite side of the pond for the French IBMs ad, but the last line reads «prix pour le lot ou tout partira à la poubelle» -> "price for the whole lot or it'll all go to the trash"

If someone hasn't already, I'll put up the link on the French subforum...

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

28 Sep 2016, 08:17

Darkshado wrote: I'm on the opposite side of the pond for the French IBMs ad, but the last line reads «prix pour le lot ou tout partira à la poubelle» -> "price for the whole lot or it'll all go to the trash"

If someone get it I am interested in the beamspring keyboard :evilgeek:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

28 Sep 2016, 10:37

Darkshado wrote: I'm on the opposite side of the pond for the French IBMs ad, but the last line reads «prix pour le lot ou tout partira à la poubelle» -> "price for the whole lot or it'll all go to the trash"

Long sold:
gogusrl wrote: I asked a friend to give them a call, everything is sold already.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

28 Sep 2016, 18:54

In France, Cherry G80-3494 (see the wiki) described as German but photo shows ANSI, 65€:
https://www.leboncoin.fr/informatique/1025795440.htm

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

29 Sep 2016, 00:21

Focus fk-2001 with "wake," "sleep," and "power" keys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Focus-FK2001-Me ... SwYIxX7Dj4

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 Sep 2016, 00:38

//gainsborough wrote: Focus fk-2001 with "wake," "sleep," and "power" keys.

Hmm quite interesting, I've never seen a FK-2001 like that. Another variant. Win keys too.

alh84001
v.001

29 Sep 2016, 13:47

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252533731331

Narrower one is a Fujitsu Peerless type 1 board, But looking at the wider one, it has a PCB, and I don't know what it is.

BinaryHalibut

29 Sep 2016, 15:36

Most likely Fujitsu leaf spring. The pattern of solder points matches what the pcb on my leaf spring board looks like.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 Sep 2016, 15:40

BinaryHalibut wrote: Most likely Fujitsu leaf spring. The pattern of solder points matches what the pcb on my leaf spring board looks like.
That's right, notice the "tombstone" shaped keycaps. Fujitsu Leaf Spring 3rd generation if you ask me.

wiki/Fujitsu_Leaf_Spring

citrojohn

29 Sep 2016, 17:08

Don't know if the price is great, but a custom-built Tipro might be interesting:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TASTIERA-TIPR ... 1978822431
Would this be reprogrammable like a standard Tipro board?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Sep 2016, 17:26

citrojohn wrote: […] Would this be reprogrammable like a standard Tipro board?
Yes, it exists in the software as FXC-060.
But PS/2 means you would be able to program it only on a 32 bit system with a native PS/2 socket. Its a must, no converter will help.
It's a 5x12 matrix. If it's the size which makes in interessant for you, you can get a 8x12 matrix (=same width, 3 rows more) for a fraction of that price.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

29 Sep 2016, 17:50

I'd love to some day reverse engineer the Tipro re-programming wire protocol and add extensions to TMK or whatever to let you re-program your favorite Tipro board using an ATmega32 or whatever. Any reason to get rid of 32-bit Windows.

Dra

29 Sep 2016, 19:24

Since I almost doubt anyone is going to deal with this anymore here's a TA board that got listed
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Triumph-Adler-Ta ... 2090605742

as well as the seller's peacock
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Cherry-Tastatur- ... 2090596705

The 2 bidders that are currently 'fighting' for it both make me a little bit suspicious :roll:

citrojohn

29 Sep 2016, 19:26

kbdfr wrote:
citrojohn wrote: […] Would this be reprogrammable like a standard Tipro board?
Yes, it exists in the software as FXC-060.
But PS/2 means you would be able to program it only on a 32 bit system with a native PS/2 socket. Its a must, no converter will help.
It's a 5x12 matrix. If it's the size which makes in interessant for you, you can get a 8x12 matrix (=same width, 3 rows more) for a fraction of that price.
Yes... I did wonder about resurrecting my old XP PC for programming POS boards that need PS/2. Anyway, if the smaller ordinary Tipros are so easily available I'll stick to those - if only to have the option of making the splittable battleship that's been sitting at the back of my mind since I saw your layout!

While I've got your attention, kbdfr, can I ask a silly question? (I really should make a thread for silly questions, to avoid them clogging up the rest of the site...)
Going by Halvar's comment, it seems TMK (and presumably other customisable firmwares) can only be programmed to send scancodes, not keymap-independent characters. But it's said of Tipros and other programmable boards like Access that they can be programmed on a PC with the manufacturer's software and then used on any computer. How do these boards avoid difficulties with different keymaps? Or do they, in fact, only send scancodes?

BinaryHalibut

30 Sep 2016, 08:06

Unicomp's selling new blue label Ms right now for $74 (1370477, WordPerfect legends) and $84 (60G0814). After shipping it's not super cheap (especially considering no cable included), but it's not a bad price for a new model M. Plus googling the WordPerfect one turns up next to nothing, so that makes it pretty interesting.

mecano

30 Sep 2016, 08:58

XMIT wrote: I'd love to some day reverse engineer the Tipro re-programming wire protocol and add extensions to TMK or whatever to let you re-program your favorite Tipro board using an ATmega32 or whatever. Any reason to get rid of 32-bit Windows.
This is exactly my next move now that I have a full grid 5x15 custom keyboard to type on while I hack the Tipro.

Chyros

30 Sep 2016, 15:16

seebart wrote:
//gainsborough wrote: Focus fk-2001 with "wake," "sleep," and "power" keys.

Hmm quite interesting, I've never seen a FK-2001 like that. Another variant. Win keys too.
That's just the last generation of 2001, they all had that :) . Will not have Alps.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

30 Sep 2016, 16:14

citrojohn wrote: […] I did wonder about resurrecting my old XP PC for programming POS boards that need PS/2. […]
For Tipro at least, there's the alternative of getting an USB controller. Swapping controllers is a matter of 2 minutes, all you need is a small screwdriver.
While I've got your attention, kbdfr, can I ask a silly question? (I really should make a thread for silly questions, to avoid them clogging up the rest of the site...)
Going by Halvar's comment, it seems TMK (and presumably other customisable firmwares) can only be programmed to send scancodes, not keymap-independent characters. But it's said of Tipros and other programmable boards like Access that they can be programmed on a PC with the manufacturer's software and then used on any computer. How do these boards avoid difficulties with different keymaps? Or do they, in fact, only send scancodes?
Sorry not to be able to answer that, I am just a simple user and not a scientist :lol:
Do I understand right if I suppose that a scancode is an absolute value while a keymap just represents the position of a key on a specific keyboard?

In any case, a Tipro keyboard is a standard keyboard, recognized as such by the OS. No driver or software is needed in order to use it (as opposed to "to program it").
Whatever the keyboard sends, the computer doesn't know it has been retrieved from the keyboard's intern memory instead of being typed by the user.

Dra

30 Sep 2016, 17:19

To the people who ordered the Wey keyboards, I think the seller only includes the keyboard connector box with the appropriate psu to power it, I didn't get any cables to connect the keyboard to the box

lolpes

30 Sep 2016, 17:21

Did the seller confirm any payment to you or did he send out a shipping notification? I haven't received either since paying for the keyboard...

Dra

30 Sep 2016, 17:42

He didn't send anything at all, only thing he did was ask for my address since it wouldn't let me ship to austria by default and i cleared that with him

citrojohn

30 Sep 2016, 18:36

kbdfr wrote: Sorry not to be able to answer that, I am just a simple user and not a scientist :lol:
:lol:
Me too - hence the question. :D
kbdfr wrote: Do I understand right if I suppose that a scancode is an absolute value while a keymap just represents the position of a key on a specific keyboard?
As I understand it... The scancode indicates the position of the key that's been pressed; the keymap is a lookup table relating scancodes to characters, and each layout has a keymap. When a key is pressed the keyboard sends the scancode for that key, and the OS looks up the scancode in the keymap and sends the right character through to the next stage (whatever that is :? ).

We can get enough of an answer for my purposes by considering an example. With an ordinary keyboard, if you change the layout your OS thinks you're typing in, some keys "move"; so if I (in UK QWERTY layout) change to French (AZERTY) my Q key types A. Does this happen with a Tipro too?

(Edit: just saw you have AZERTY already - so if you change your OS's layout to German, does your A still type A or does it type Q?)

Return to “Other external”