IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

Mr.Nobody

17 Dec 2016, 13:06

Anybody knows anything about this keyboard; I found absolutely nothing about it; please ignore the doodling :D

Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 17 Dec 2016, 13:20, edited 2 times in total.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Dec 2016, 13:12

Haha how many you got lined up Mr.Nobody?

Mr.Nobody

17 Dec 2016, 13:14

And what switch is this, looks so religious :)

and this Siemens keyboard...

Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 17 Dec 2016, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Dec 2016, 13:19

I got ONE pro-tipp for you Mr.Nobody:
;) :mrgreen:

Chyros

17 Dec 2016, 13:37

KT F&F
Smk 2nd gen SMK mount (tactile)
Siemens STB-11

Chyros

17 Dec 2016, 13:44

seebart wrote: Right, that's what I thought. You did say...
Focus FK-747 I think :S
which is the key here, the only reason I'm being slightly obtrusive is so that we don't say anything wrong here. Chyros should know for sure anyway.
I think it's a Tai-Hao 5150 actually. Focus used the more generic Tai-Hao doubleshots on their boards, while Tai-Hao made theirs with their thick FAME-like ones. They look subtly different.

Mr.Nobody

17 Dec 2016, 16:31

seebart wrote: I got ONE pro-tipp for you Mr.Nobody:
;) :mrgreen:
Thank you, sometimes you just can't find it out unless you know the name of the switch.

Mr.Nobody

17 Dec 2016, 16:43

Chyros wrote: KT F&F
Smk 2nd gen SMK mount (tactile)
Siemens STB-11
Thank you, that's awesome.

And I've just found something seems to be a gambling machine keyboard:

Mr.Nobody

18 Dec 2016, 00:37

This might be compatible with cherry MX...

Chyros

18 Dec 2016, 00:44

Hahaha wow are they Tai-Hai Cherry doubleshots? xD

Not a clue what the switches are, but looks like some sort of dome with slider design. In fact most extremely obscure ones are dome with slider because so many, SO MANY different designs of them were made xD .

Mr.Nobody

18 Dec 2016, 01:19

Chyros wrote: Hahaha wow are they Tai-Hai Cherry doubleshots? xD

Not a clue what the switches are, but looks like some sort of dome with slider design. In fact most extremely obscure ones are dome with slider because so many, SO MANY different designs of them were made xD .
I hope this might help identify it. Could you please tell me how to use FCC ID to identify an item?

chzel

18 Dec 2016, 01:43

Google it. Literally!
Google "FFC ID DXOKB453P" and you'll find it!
Or go to https://fccid.io/ and search from there!

Chyros

18 Dec 2016, 01:44

Mr.Nobody wrote:
Chyros wrote: Hahaha wow are they Tai-Hai Cherry doubleshots? xD

I hope this might help identify it. Could you please tell me how to use FCC ID to identify an item?
The FCC ID is basically a unique ID that is used for registering products in the US. Generally it is the OEM that registers it, NOT the one the product it was made for. The first three characters identify who this is, you can google it if you want to, although you get to know them by heart easily over time. A6Q = NMB, CIG = Key Tronic, GYI = Alps USA, FSQ = Focus, etc. It's useful for identifying who made a keyboard. Sometimes, like with the Dell Quietkey, this allows you to tell you whether it's got NMB dome with slider switches (AQ6 models) or conductive domes (GYU). Or Silitek-made (GYU) AT101s from Alps-made ones (GYI). You can also use it to pin a keyboard to a location. It's extremely useful, a must-have tool in the field.

It also often contains the model name in it, allowing you to identify model names even if they're not present separately. It even allows you to discriminate between different specific revisions of the same model. For example, you can determine EXACTLY the properties of AT101s based on their FCC ID. Also allows you to identify re-brands or outsourced manufacture of keyboards.

DXO identifies the manufacturer as Copam, a Taiwan-based company. The suffix KB453P is probably the model name. Copam made among others a design very similar to that Tai-Hao above with blue Alps - makes sense considering they were in Taiwan. The fact this one is from the USA rather than Taiwan would explain why it doesn't use Alps switches.

Mr.Nobody

18 Dec 2016, 02:03

DXO identifies the manufacturer as Copam, a Taiwan-based company. The suffix KB453P is probably the model name. Copam made among others a design very similar to that Tai-Hao above with blue Alps - makes sense considering they were in Taiwan. The fact this one is from the USA rather than Taiwan would explain why it doesn't use Alps switches.

Thanks a lot, quite a lot to learn...however this one doesn't tell whether it's rubber freakin' dome or switches...I just spot another identical one with Copam logo on it. I am going to FCC website to dig around :D

Gatlank

18 Dec 2016, 02:12

Hi. Can anyone identify this keyboard?

Chyros

18 Dec 2016, 02:17

Mr.Nobody wrote:

Thanks a lot, quite a lot to learn...however this one doesn't tell whether it's rubber freakin' dome or switches...I just spot another identical one with Copam logo on it. I am going to FCC website to dig around :D
Usually, if the FCC ID does not point to a well-known manufacturer, it's a rubber dome or dome with slider keyboard, in my experience. Earlier Copam keyboards which WERE mechanical included rebranded Monterey OEM boards, so the FCC ID would have showed you it's actually a Monterey board, strongly suggesting Alps or Alps-like switches, which indeed they were.

I definitely recommend getting a good grip of FCC IDs. On eBay it's absolutely invaluable in identifying keyboards, switches, etc.

Mr.Nobody

18 Dec 2016, 03:03

Chyros wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote:

Usually, if the FCC ID does not point to a well-known manufacturer, it's a rubber dome or dome with slider keyboard, in my experience. Earlier Copam keyboards which WERE mechanical included rebranded Monterey OEM boards, so the FCC ID would have showed you it's actually a Monterey board, strongly suggesting Alps or Alps-like switches, which indeed they were.

I definitely recommend getting a good grip of FCC IDs. On eBay it's absolutely invaluable in identifying keyboards, switches, etc.
This is sucking me into the the world of keyboardology... :D

Mr.Nobody

18 Dec 2016, 04:05

Is this IBM buckling spring keyboard compatible with PS/2 protocol? The model number is 4680-B

Mattr567

18 Dec 2016, 04:43

Mr.Nobody wrote: Is this IBM buckling spring keyboard compatible with PS/2 protocol? The model number is 4680-B

Yes, but it isn't PS/2. It's from a POS system so hence why there is a lock.

keyboards-f2/buckling-spring-on-ibm-alp ... 12406.html

Mr.Nobody

18 Dec 2016, 11:16

/quote]

Yes, but it isn't PS/2. It's from a POS system so hence why there is a lock.

keyboards-f2/buckling-spring-on-ibm-alp ... 12406.html[/quote]

Thank you, I'm considering buying an MODEL F AT...

Thunderbird

18 Dec 2016, 14:00

Any idea what this keyboard is? I've been eyeing it for a while, and the eBay seller refuses to take off a cap. I got lucky the other day though and bought a NTC board for $20 from him and it ended up having SKCM Blue ALPS. :D

Chyros

18 Dec 2016, 14:06

Thunderbird wrote: Any idea what this keyboard is? I've been eyeing it for a while, and the eBay seller refuses to take off a cap. I got lucky the other day though and bought a NTC board for $20 from him and it ended up having SKCM Blue ALPS. :D

Ortek MCK-101. Generally Alps clones, I believe.

Mr.Nobody

20 Dec 2016, 23:25

A Unitek keyboard with Mitsumi switches...any body knows anything about this keyboard?

Mr.Nobody

21 Dec 2016, 10:56

I found something suspicious; the photos are a little over-saturated, maybe in real life the blue color is not that bright:

Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 21 Dec 2016, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

Chyros

21 Dec 2016, 14:14

They're clone switches, not blue Alps.

terrycherry

23 Dec 2016, 07:31

I found the very early Can Technology buckling spring and brought it but the fucking seller cancel my bidding to sell for some sucking man! wtf! Don't wanna buy from this shop ever!
But, I found the nice guy to sell the other keyboard to me. Fuck the shopkeeper!
Last edited by terrycherry on 23 Jan 2017, 05:00, edited 1 time in total.

Parjánya

23 Dec 2016, 07:32

Any idea what the hell typewriter is this? I hope it’s not too off-topic : o )

Too bad it looks in bad shape : /

thebluefox

23 Dec 2016, 13:34

terrycherry wrote: I found the very early Can Technology buckling spring and brought it but the fucking seller cancel my bidding to sell for some sucking man! wtf! Don't wanna buy from this shop ever!
But, who buy it here?
[AT][TW][1991.12.10]Can TK-M501C(FCCID IZITK-105M)[(Clicky)type1]
The attachment aa.png is no longer available
I saw this code, someone offered me something like this
Tastatura 2 - fata.JPG
Tastatura 2 - fata.JPG (3.48 MiB) Viewed 6827 times
Tastatura 2 - spate.JPG
Tastatura 2 - spate.JPG (3.43 MiB) Viewed 6827 times

ohaimark
Kingpin

23 Dec 2016, 13:39

Membrane.

Menuhin

23 Dec 2016, 14:31

Is it really a Cherry board?
What kind of switch does it have?
Also, is the owner of this channel on DT or GH?

Return to “Keyboards”