The Deskthority wiki is dedicated to mechanical keyboards, mice and other human interface devices. The main focus is everything regarding quality (mechanical) keyboards. In the nature of a wiki, the content will be frequently and constantly under construction. Want to share your knowledge and help us create the best input device wiki? This wiki is part of the Deskthority forum - sign in with your forum account and start editing! There is no separate registration, and this is an open wiki. For discussions about the wiki, requests for higher wiki rights or changes/addons to the wiki engine, see the wiki subforum.
We currently have 1,218 articles, 10,902 pages and 31,502 edits.
Latest posts from the Deskthority wiki talk forum
- Alkhar (Fri, 27 May 2016 19:25:28 +0200) 002 wrote:When do you remember reading these pages? I can't find any reference at all to the Trackman wheel or the DT225 anywhere on the wiki. Are you certain it was the DT wiki you saw these pages? Do you remember any content that was on them? There have been a few threads specifically mentioning the DT225; are you sure it wasn't just a thread that you were reading about them on?Thanks, i will look into all the thread , as you say maybe it was here. Anyway, will post a few entry for the trackball wiki.
- seebart (Fri, 27 May 2016 17:59:11 +0200) webwit wrote:Nothing like that in the deletion log:w/index.php?title=Special:Log/delete&offset=&limit=500&type=delete&user=EDIT: @seebartA few "wiki admin" users can delete, but stil in version control and reversible.I know, I'm also pretty sure it does not happen often.Alkhar wrote:Hello, any news ?Nope. Honestly I think you might have seen that somewhere else or a very long time ago (3+ years ago).
- webwit (Fri, 27 May 2016 16:19:53 +0200) Wasn't there a trackball section in the old and removed GH wiki?
- 002 (Fri, 27 May 2016 14:28:49 +0200) When do you remember reading these pages? I can't find any reference at all to the Trackman wheel or the DT225 anywhere on the wiki. Are you certain it was the DT wiki you saw these pages? Do you remember any content that was on them? There have been a few threads specifically mentioning the DT225; are you sure it wasn't just a thread that you were reading about them on?
- Alkhar (Fri, 27 May 2016 13:12:42 +0200) Hello, any news ?
- timerwin63 (Mon, 23 May 2016 22:52:22 +0200) keycap wrote:The material looks even rougher yet. When will Cherry learn? Apparently never Keep in mind that while these are by no means smooth, they're no worse than the new Blacks and Browns I have on hand. Part of what you're seeing is the reflective nature of the silver plastic. I'm hoping to get my hands on my friend's Mark III and some actual "studio-class" in the next couple of days to get some more detailed pictures. The ones included in this post are mediocre at best and it's difficult to get much clearer images with my limited lighting and old phone.
- keycap (Mon, 23 May 2016 18:01:08 +0200) The material looks even rougher yet. When will Cherry learn?
- Blaise170 (Fri, 13 May 2016 22:16:33 +0200) I still need to take take photos myself.
- Sankart (Fri, 13 May 2016 22:02:03 +0200) I just took apart one of my dark blue MX switches to take a look at the insides. I didn't find any similar pictures on here, so I thought I might as well take some. They aren't the best as I'm horrible with a camera and the camera of my BB Passport isn't that good either.Spoiler: Dark Blue 1.jpgDark Blue 2.jpgAlthough the switches seem to be exactly the same, they sound a liiittle bit different, the click of the usual MX blue is a tad more poignant and overall noticably less rattling. I tried recording it, but somehow the background noise is quite loud (in skype it's perfectly fine...). Anyway here's the recording. First is usual blue, second is dark blue. http://vocaroo.com/i/s1nTIP5vpyh9The difference is larger in real life. Overall I don't know whether it is actually a different switch than usual MX Blue or if they just messed up the colouring, but at least in comparison there are some slight differences. I don't think that the dark blue switch feels any smoother than the new MX blue.(I got these switches from a Highscreen branded Bondwell B200)
- hypkx (Sun, 08 May 2016 13:32:27 +0200) Thank you for the pictures, I was really curious how they look.