The Deskthority wiki is dedicated to mechanical keyboards, mice and other human interface devices. The main focus is everything regarding quality (mechanical) keyboards. In the nature of a wiki, the content will be frequently and constantly under construction. Want to share your knowledge and help us create the best input device wiki? This wiki is part of the Deskthority forum - sign in with your forum account and start editing! There is no separate registration, and this is an open wiki. For discussions about the wiki, requests for higher wiki rights or changes/addons to the wiki engine, see the wiki subforum.
We currently have 1,301 articles, 11,804 pages and 33,153 edits.
Latest posts from the Deskthority wiki talk forum
- tactica (Sat, 16 Jul 2016 14:54:42 +0200) webwit wrote:There is no category rename in mediawiki, but there is a ReplaceText page for wiki admin.There is no category rename "feature" as such, but they can be renamed just like you rename any other page. You need an account with the right privilege to be able to do it of course.
- Chyros (Wed, 06 Jul 2016 10:40:34 +0200) Blaise170 wrote:Pretty busy these days but as a quick thought they are some of the best Alps boards I've owned. I'm pretty sure they are 100% Alps made.Probably, I spoke to an Alps employee who had been making keyboards in the 90s and he mentioned they made Sharp keyboards in their Milton Keynes plant.
- terrycherry (Wed, 06 Jul 2016 05:07:22 +0200) Great job, fellow.
- Blaise170 (Mon, 04 Jul 2016 23:01:53 +0200) Pretty busy these days but as a quick thought they are some of the best Alps boards I've owned. I'm pretty sure they are 100% Alps made.
- alh84001 (Mon, 04 Jul 2016 19:02:23 +0200) @blaise, any chance of a (mini)-review of these? And how they compare to the usual Alps suspects - northgates, bigfoots, aeks?
- terrycherry (Mon, 27 Jun 2016 17:02:28 +0200) That's what alps.tw called: alps.tw Type OA1(Simplified Alps Type III) from https://kbtalking.cool3c.com/article/8366Please rename it to alps.tw Type OA1 wiki/Alps.tw_Type_OA2and rename it to alps.tw Type OA2 wiki/Alps.tw_Type_OA1OA1=回形(大一點)(單條)簡易軸 ～～ 回形簡易軸(OA1)跟回形簡易軸(OA2)的差別僅在於外殼頂部與滑片接觸的地方多了兩條細縫 (這可能僅是不同批外殼所造成的外觀差異)然而其他零件是完全相同的,,也就是說手感幾乎無異I translated the true meaning:The small difference of OA1 and OA2 are the upper shell top slits and the internal holes(which hold the metal leaf).(It could be affected by the manufacturing time of period)The other parts and pressed feeling of OA1 and OA2 are the same anyway.Snap1.jpgSnap2.jpgAnd the interesting thing is what I found the OA1 switch maybe made by the 深圳特力Shenzhen Tellus with E&E logo.Manufacturer: E&E = Shenzhen Tellus Electronics Co Ltd[Now: 深圳市特力(集團)股份有限公司(Shenzhen Tellus Holding Co., Ltd.)I don't know it's true or not but this company made the keyboard, keycaps and PCB on lots of E&E brand China made keyboard. And the E&E keyboard always copied from the Focus FK-2001 clone with difference alps clone switches.That's what I done on my researching and picture.(I have lots stuff but not this time to show more details all I found)I have 5 difference switch of E&E keyboard. It takes me time to clean, take shot and do the details. I"ll keeping update.OA1[AT][CN](深圳特力)E&E 101MK-AT／XT type2[(Clicky)White]02.jpg[AT][CN](深圳特力)E&E 101MK-AT／XT type4[(Clicky)White]06.jpg[AT][CN][1993.01.27](深圳特力)E&E-MK(FCCID KGXEANDE 921100001)[()Grey]01.jpg[AT][CN](深圳特力)E&E-101MD(FCCID KGXEANDE 930100003)[(Linear)Red]10.jpg[AT][Malaysia][1990.01.04]NTC KB-6153EN(FCCID FMA44HKB6151)[(Clicky)White]KPT switch(ALPS mount)[AT][CN](深圳特力)E&E 101MK-AT／XT[(Clicky)Yellow(Alps-style slider),(Clicky)Blue(Alps-style slider)]KPT-like switch(AE7)(ALPS mount)[CN][GAME console]BM-92美猴王 中英文電腦學習機[(Clicky)Black shell with white slider]03.jpgHimake Aruz(Alps mount)[AT][CN](深圳特力)E&E-101MD(FCCID KGXEANDE 930100003)[(Clicky)Blue]01.jpg[CN][GAME console](E&E brand)BM-92美猴王 中英文電腦學習機[(Clicky)Blue(no logo),alps.tw Type OA1(E&E switch)]alps.tw Type T8[AT][CN](深圳特力)E&E-101MD(FCCID KGXEANDE 930100003)[()Yellow]01.jpgATW ALPS clone switch[AT][CN](深圳特力)E&E 101B(深圳長島計算機圖形有限公司 - LI-101K機械雙響式鍵盤)[(Clicky)type1,(Clicky)ALPS SKCM White(with slits)]
- Chyros (Fri, 24 Jun 2016 00:22:47 +0200) Wodan wrote:It is impossible for me to read the words "dome with slider" without hearing Chyros say it in my head.Aw yihhh .
- webwit (Thu, 23 Jun 2016 22:07:07 +0200) There is no category rename in mediawiki, but there is a ReplaceText page for wiki admin.So step 1 is you create "Category:Rubber dome switches"Step 2 is to make a redirect from "Category:Robber domes" to "Category:Robber dome switches". Don't delete the old category, people might have it in bookmarks, and search engines need to pick up the redirect.Step 3 is to ask a wiki admin to replace "Category:Robber domes" and "Category:Robber_domes" to "Category:Robber dome switches" in all pages. The replace tool first will show all matching pages, so the admin can check if text will still flow and such after replacement.
- seebart (Thu, 23 Jun 2016 21:50:57 +0200) Good point Findecanor. I'm pretty sure only "wiki admins" can rename categories. Ask matt3o. Also this will involve a lot of renaming and moving stuff!
- Wodan (Thu, 23 Jun 2016 21:42:14 +0200) It is impossible for me to read the words "dome with slider" without hearing Chyros say it in my head.