Razer Huntsman Mini keyboards review (Light Strike Libra / DMET MJ3.0)

Chyros

15 Aug 2020, 09:18

Today we have a look at the Razer Huntsman Mini keyboards I unboxed a while ago! Hope you enjoy the video! :)

hellothere

17 Aug 2020, 02:32

NONE !!!!!11111one

Elrick

17 Aug 2020, 05:12

Because it's a Razer branded product, best deposit into your local bin, immediately.

Yeah, was never a fan of anything from this disgustingly bad company, only being kept alive with PR Gaming that it spends huge amounts on.

Your old Leopold keyboard is STILL far better in look and quality, especially when you press the keys.

Their Synapse Cancer software is what really cripples them for me. Will NEVER install their Synapse Bloatware rubbish as long as I draw breath, even when I finally reside inside a Covid-19 ward of Death.

Glad you realized the overall filth of What Razer Corp(se) truly is. Okay hardware, let down always by their HORRIFIC software, still being forced onto the gullible.

Unlike you, will never purchase, receive or use anything with a Razer Logo upon it.

Findecanor

17 Aug 2020, 17:50

Synapse is not the worst thing with Razer. I updated the section on Razer SoftMiner/Gamma in the Wiki.
Lots of dumb kids have installed this without knowing what it is. Disgusting.

By all means, please do add content to the Synapse section. Everyone can edit!

Chyros

18 Aug 2020, 09:58

Findecanor wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 17:50
Synapse is not the worst thing with Razer. I updated the section on Razer SoftMiner/Gamma in the Wiki.
Lots of dumb kids have installed this without knowing what it is. Disgusting.

By all means, please do add content to the Synapse section. Everyone can edit!
That's pretty revolting indeed. I've seen comments from people where they somehow tied SoftMiner in with Synapse, although I haven't been able to find out exactly what the relationship between the two - if any - is.

I've fed back to Razer several times that Synapse, or even software dependency in general - is one of the weaker points, yet I've been assured Synapse will stay. In my opinion, the boards should have lighting and macros that can be configured keyboard-side without needing to install any software ever, with more in-depth RGB and macro customisation possible using optional software (admittedly picking the exact shades of colour in your lighting or programming input delays, opening programs or mouse movements into a macro is easier using software). However, software should preferably be open-source or AT LEAST lightweight, straightforward and intuitive. I think Razer is making too much money somehow off of their software but if they just made a good, easy-to-use front-end or something for QMK or whatever and everybody would end up using "the Razer tool" to configure all their keyboards (not just Razer's), that would be far more profitable for them in the long run, I reckon.

That, however, would of course be the more difficult path.

Return to “Reviews”