I'm Plastikschnittstelle. This is an interest check for a keyboard case. It's made of thick aluminium sheets, laser cut and bent. Bead blasted and black anodized for the finish. It's supposed to be a more affordable alternative to all the awesome but also expensive CNC aluminium cases. The design is simple and sturdy, with integrated height adjustability (6, 8, 10, 12 and 14 degrees) and a low initial row. The plate is laser cut from steel and powder coated, black. The plate is edge-mounted top-mounted. There are different profile versions to decide on - medium, high and high with integrated wrist-rest. We will have to decide which size and layout the case should be adapted to. The case is high profile and there will be different 60% (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS) and one 75% version to choose from. This is just the case, plate and screws, no PCB, switches or caps included. All PCBs fit - just if the plate supports the layout you want.
- IC ended and GB started
- made a second build from the samples, more pictures
- got the samples and made a build, pictures
- updated intro text
- still waiting for the samples, will arrive soon
- waiting for samples
- updated plate drafts, added banana split and DZ60 support
- first plate drafts
- third google form for choosing your preferred layout
- bead-blasted finish
- order step size
- new renderings of 75%
- first try to determine the plate layouts:
-> 60% versions
-> 60% HHKB versions
-> 60% YAS versions
-> 75% versions
- decision change: all 60% versions (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS) AND 75%
- evaluating the possibility of sandblasting before anodizing for higher quality finish
- decision: it's a 60%
- decision: high profile case
- design change: caps sink in 2mm
- design change: added 6° angle
- design change: flathead screws
- new renderings
- question: "everyone gets his 60" or "keep it simple"
- second google form
- first google form
- initial post
75% as well
I'm aiming at a combined GB. So not only the various 60% but also 75%. Here are the renderings that I promised: "Everyone gets his 60" or "keep it simple"
I hope you like the new renderings, they now show the different 60% versions with different angles starting at 6 degrees.
I also threw in some more colors. You've seen the classic beige with red accent Enter+Esc Mods already in the first renderings. Here I wanna point out again Wodans work on his HADapter GB awhile ago, which made it possible to make use of the old HAD sets on modern layouts. He'll do another round soon so we can make even more use of the all the HAD sets we can harvest from old G80/G81s.
Since HHKB is pretty popular I looked at some original HHKB models. The Black with red accents are pretty nice, so I tried to ported this style into the GMK color universe.
YAS color theme - well just another try.
The colors should just give you a better impression what a final keyboard with the case might look like.
Here you go: ---