[CLOSED] WTB [EU-DE] Blue Alps or White Alps

twitchytheinsideman

13 Dec 2022, 20:35

Hello,
I am new to vintage. Tried Blue Alps on a meetup recently and fell in love with a 40s board currently in IC that offers Alps support (Routemaster by ash).
Now I wanted to get some (50-60) switches for that board.
I would appreciate offers. (Also please no taking advantage of a vintage-noob :lol: )
Kind regards
Twitchy

Edit: Was told that NOS White Alps are as good or even better than Blue Alps! So also looking to buy them.
Last edited by twitchytheinsideman on 22 Dec 2022, 22:34, edited 4 times in total.

Muirium
µ

13 Dec 2022, 22:21

Sure you don't want them in their native environment? I can highly recommend it. Just recently got my first full blue Alps board: an absolute unit of a Focus FK-555…
Mind, my other blue Alps board is Hasu's little Alps64 so I do know where you're coming from. Good luck!

twitchytheinsideman

15 Dec 2022, 01:48

Muirium wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 22:21
Sure you don't want them in their native environment? I can highly recommend it. Just recently got my first full blue Alps board: an absolute unit of a Focus FK-555…
Mind, my other blue Alps board is Hasu's little Alps64 so I do know where you're coming from. Good luck!
Absolutely stunning pictures!

Just bought an Apple M0116 with Orange Alps yesterday!
Very excited for it and hoping I won’t break the PCB when desoldering. I wanna clean and lube the switches and then use it on the board, likely. Or are there other good board options to switch too whilst being able to keep the keycaps? They have Japanese sublegends, which I love.

I do have an interest in vintage boards. However, the really good looking ones are super expensive. And I am not a fan of the German keyboard layout… which means I would have to buy from overseas, which drives up price immensely because of shipping and VAT.

But I surely am interested in learning more about Alps and vintage boards in general!
Hopefully someone will sell me a handful of their Blue Alps.

TNT

15 Dec 2022, 15:12

twitchytheinsideman wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 01:48

Just bought an Apple M0116 with Orange Alps yesterday!
Very excited for it and hoping I won’t break the PCB when desoldering. I wanna clean and lube the switches and then use it on the board, likely. Or are there other good board options to switch too whilst being able to keep the keycaps? They have Japanese sublegends, which I love.

I do have an interest in vintage boards. However, the really good looking ones are super expensive. And I am not a fan of the German keyboard layout… which means I would have to buy from overseas, which drives up price immensely because of shipping and VAT.

But I surely am interested in learning more about Alps and vintage boards in general!
Hopefully someone will sell me a handful of their Blue Alps.
There are a bunch of options for 60% Alps PCBs out there. That could probably work with the M0116's "weird" layout, so you could keep the caps. Also, I demand some pictures of that M0116 :mrgreen:

Return to “Want to buy”