[Wiki] Gravograph Cherry G80-0832H-04 - Cherry MX Black

snuci
Vintage computer guy

25 Apr 2017, 02:58

I posted some photos of a Cherry G80-0832H-04 keyboard in the wiki. This is one I was able to acquire from Elecplus. It goes with a Gravograph Engraver system and is a little rough around the edges but has some vintage Cherry MX black switches and looks really nice. Some pics are below but check out the wiki page here [wiki]Gravograph G80-0832H-04[/wiki]

gnmar2723

25 Apr 2017, 03:43

That board just looks so cool.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Apr 2017, 06:15

Note that obviously, the Gravograph is just another special version of the G80-0778 (and should perhaps be added as such to its wiki page).

Chyros

25 Apr 2017, 08:33

Whaaa? xD

Daniel Beardsmore

25 Apr 2017, 09:25

I was idly curious to see if it would have the unexplained alternative version of the switch for factory-fitted LEDs.

I can't tell, but it does seem like they've put putty around the LEDs. How odd.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

26 Apr 2017, 01:42

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: I can't tell, but it does seem like they've put putty around the LEDs. How odd.
Yes, at first I thought it was a clear rubber gasket around the LED with the gasket being misshaped because of the force of the LED installation but on closer look, it does look like putty. That being said, it is as hard as plastic and is inflexible.
kbdfr wrote: Note that obviously, the Gravograph is just another special version of the G80-0778 (and should perhaps be added as such to its wiki page).
Good point. Since the page is already up, I'll add it as a variant and link back.

In terms of the LED version, the original board has green LEDs and this one has red. Unfortunately, the original version does not have close up pics of those switches.

Here's an extra pic of mine.
IMG_2158.JPG
IMG_2158.JPG (185.45 KiB) Viewed 1729 times

Return to “Gallery”