Mediawiki upgrade from 1.24 to 1.30

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

23 Jan 2018, 09:25

The main install has now also been updated.

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

23 Jan 2018, 09:29

Fingers crossed.

At least now we have sans-serif working again in SVGs, although still in Signature Plastics mode :P

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

23 Jan 2018, 09:53

How odd, it just re-ran a bulk replace I made, just to Main_page, and specifically a botched replace. Hopefully it's not going to run any more replacements …

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

23 Jan 2018, 10:00

I ran runJobs.php before updating as suggested by the manual, to clear any pending jobs. It would all suggest that did nothing and it was not the replacement extension that was bugged in the previous version, but the job runner.

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

23 Jan 2018, 19:14

I'm guessing that both were faulty, because page renames were specifically ignored.

User avatar
002
Topre Enthusiast

24 Jan 2018, 01:33

RIP page view count :(
Was that something custom we had set up or just not in newer mediawiki?

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

24 Jan 2018, 09:00


User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

24 Jan 2018, 09:27

Fingers crossed this makes the wiki a bit faster now!

User avatar
snuci
Vintage computer guy

24 Jan 2018, 18:49

Bug: Email notifications of changes have locahost instead of the wiki address. IE:

Code: Select all

Dear Snuci,

The Deskthority wiki page Cherry B65 46AB has been changed on
24 January 2018 by Tactica, see http://localhost/wiki/Cherry_B65_46AB for
the current revision.

To view this change, see
http://localhost/w/index.php?title=Cherry_B65_46AB&diff=next&oldid=39684

For all changes since your last visit, see
http://localhost/w/index.php?title=Cherry_B65_46AB&diff=0&oldid=39684
... etc.

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

24 Jan 2018, 19:04

I set this configuration variable to the right url:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgServer

This was previously unset. I guess the auto-discovery method doesn't work as well in this version. Untested, let me know if the problem persists.

User avatar
002
Topre Enthusiast

28 Jan 2018, 02:48

You guys got this issue in the editor when going 'Special characters' > 'Symbols'?
Symbols.png
Symbols.png (37.05 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
No idea if it's new or not.

User avatar
tactica

28 Jan 2018, 05:02

@002

Works fine here with both Firefox and Chromium on Linux. Some pages return non printable chars (Cambodian for example) but I'm presuming this is due to the lack of a suitable typeface installed.
Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Fingers crossed this makes the wiki a bit faster now!
Faster how? DT is way more responsive than my (admittedly not optimized) personal wiki running on localhost! :o

User avatar
002
Topre Enthusiast

28 Jan 2018, 07:38

Weird -- I only seem to have the problem in Chrome. I just checked IE and it looks alright there.

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

28 Jan 2018, 11:40

Firefox 56 in Windows 10 1709 shows OK for me. No colour symbols though.

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

28 Jan 2018, 12:29

The html is fine, my chrome too. You have some kind of font problem in your Chrome.

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

28 Jan 2018, 12:34

tactica wrote: Faster how? DT is way more responsive than my (admittedly not optimized) personal wiki running on localhost! :o
I've found the Deskthority wiki to really slow down a lot; so far, since the upgrade, it's holding up well speed-wise.

User avatar
tactica

29 Jan 2018, 02:34

One thing I noticed is that category updating appears to take longer now. You know the drill: you add a page to a yet inexistant category, then go to create the category and you expect to find the page magically listed there as you do so.

Well, now it takes several minutes for the new page to appear. I could swear this was quite faster before?!

If I'm right, then $wgJobRunRate might need adjusting.

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

31 Jan 2018, 20:37

I solved two more bugs. One was that new wiki users couldn't login, the other was a bug I found when investigating wgJobRunRate (we have it set to 0 and run it from a cronjob instead, but that job was now crashing).

Let me know if there is any other odd behaviour. Both where related to our phpBB login extension, where I had to put in some work-arounds as the old version didn't run nicely on the new version of mediawiki, and the new version didn't run nicely on our version of phpBB.

Findecanor

14 Apr 2019, 00:46

I stumbled upon a bug!

When uploading a SVG file, thumbnail generation fails.
Instead of thumbnail, I get the error message "Error creating thumbnail: /bin/bash: /usr/bin/rsvg-convert: No such file or directory".

File in question: wiki/File:MiniDIN-9_Connector_Pinout.svg

User avatar
matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Apr 2019, 20:39

Findecanor wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 00:46
I stumbled upon a bug!

When uploading a SVG file, thumbnail generation fails.
Instead of thumbnail, I get the error message "Error creating thumbnail: /bin/bash: /usr/bin/rsvg-convert: No such file or directory".

File in question: wiki/File:MiniDIN-9_Connector_Pinout.svg
should be fixed

ramon0xff

27 Apr 2019, 22:06

I've just tried to create a page with the visual editor, but upon saving I got a "(curl error: 60) Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates". The page was not saved.
(Maybe https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Tn8prevr3ds11b1o)

Post Reply

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”