Myoth

20 Feb 2018, 11:43

ClickMe wrote:
Myoth wrote: you guys ... can't you see that restoring a keyboard is much more fun and less expensive than buying a one converted and all ?

I don't really see why you would pay as much as twice as much for the same keyboard when all the fun as been taking from it...
If you like restoring keyboards, have fun with it. But that's NOT the question I've asked you. I've asked you where specifically can I find a fully restored and USB and ANSI converted Model F122 for $150? Admit you you pulled that number out of our ass or provide a link.
I didn't say that a fully restored and USB and ANSI converted F122 would go at that price, you can quote me, I said that Model Fs are around 150usd, I didn't specifically point a model or a restoration job on it.

Restorations are usually around 70us all in all if you're paying the high price, for an F122, foam is like 6us, the soarer is 50usd and you might have to source an ansi enter, but I don't think that buying this doubles the price of the board.

I might be biased as I'm a cheapskate that prefers to usually take the cheap path and is not willing to pay huge amounts of money for almost anything.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

20 Feb 2018, 11:48

ClickMe wrote:
Myoth wrote: you guys ... can't you see that restoring a keyboard is much more fun and less expensive than buying a one converted and all ?

I don't really see why you would pay as much as twice as much for the same keyboard when all the fun as been taking from it...
If you like restoring keyboards, have fun with it. But that's NOT the question I've asked you. I've asked you where specifically can I find a fully restored and USB and ANSI converted Model F122 for $150? Admit you you pulled that number out of our ass or provide a link.
LOL We get it dude ... you're insecure and you grossly overpaid for something you really wanted.
Just because there is none available for 150$ doesn't justify just about any ridiculous price for such a restored keyboard.

Stop trying to convince us this is "worth it" unless you think that restoration work on a keyboard should be paid 100$/h

It's just thw wrong crowd here. Most people here will refurb and mod a F122 like that with material costs of less than 20$ and in less than 2-3h of actual effort.

You seem to really be reassured that you didn't overpay which - unfortunately - you did. Don't let that spoil the joy you have with this keyboard.

ClickMe

20 Feb 2018, 12:04

Last edited by ClickMe on 20 Feb 2018, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

Myoth

20 Feb 2018, 12:19

ClickMe wrote: Model Fs sell for around $400.
Myoth wrote: most model F are around 150usd
ClickMe wrote: I'm still waiting for a link where I could have bought a keyboard like mine for $150.
listen, I really have nothing against you, insult me of whatever you want, but you said that Model Fs sell for around 400usd, which I replied that they go for 150usd usually, and now you're asking a link for YOUR exact same keyboard for 150usd ? that doesn't make sense ... you never even mentioned a restoration job when you first said they sell for 400usd

also, you couldn't have fallen on someone worse than Wodan to insult him of being a jealous hater :lol:

ClickMe

20 Feb 2018, 12:22

Last edited by ClickMe on 20 Feb 2018, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

Laser
emacs -nw

20 Feb 2018, 12:23

You're now just being silly ...

Myoth

20 Feb 2018, 12:29

ClickMe wrote: How many times do I need to ask you to provide a link to this mythical Model F122 for $150?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152914593846/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/292447043380/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/292443210944/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/292443195217/

happy now ?

that's 4 F122 for less than 150usd, and recently.

scottc

20 Feb 2018, 12:36

Why are so many DT threads ending with people deleting their posts now? Who cares if we think that someone overpaid for something? The F122 in this thread certainly wasn’t for me and I do believe that $600 was too much for it but I don’t think it’s worth acting like an angry mob over.

Khers

20 Feb 2018, 12:38

scottc wrote: Why are so many DT threads ending with people deleting their posts now? Who cares if we think that someone overpaid for something? The F122 in this thread certainly wasn’t for me and I do believe that $600 was too much for it but I don’t think it’s worth acting like an angry mob over.
I agree 100%.

Myoth

20 Feb 2018, 12:40

scottc wrote: Why are so many DT threads ending with people deleting their posts now? Who cares if we think that someone overpaid for something? The F122 in this thread certainly wasn’t for me and I do believe that $600 was too much for it but I don’t think it’s worth acting like an angry mob over.
I think the same

depletedvespene

20 Feb 2018, 13:24

I hate to be that guy, BUT... the more I read ClickMe's posts (and see his later deletions), the more I'm convinced this is a shill account (something I suggested right at the beginning).

fohat
Elder Messenger

20 Feb 2018, 14:19

Wodan wrote:
Most people here will refurb and mod a F122 like that with material costs of less than 20$ and in less than 2-3h of actual effort.
As a person who has done at least 12-15 of these, I think that your estimates of both time and money are way too low, if you are talking about a thorough cleaning of every part, rust removal, painting, etc.

Realistically, the replacement key order from Unicomp is at least $20 by itself, US domestic.

green-squid

20 Feb 2018, 15:21

What happened with this ClickMe guy? Why is his post a '.'?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Feb 2018, 15:47

Not all of us have the time for it anymore. I have somewhere between $500-1000 worth of boards coming this way and I can spend maybe 20 minutes per board before I start losing money via reselling.

j0d1

20 Feb 2018, 15:59

Blaise170 wrote: Not all of us have the time for it anymore. I have somewhere between $500-1000 worth of boards coming this way and I can spend maybe 20 minutes per board before I start losing money via reselling.
I don't think there are a lot of DT members in that situation ;)

IMO the current street price of a Model F122 in good condition is 200-250$.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Feb 2018, 16:01

j0d1 wrote:
Blaise170 wrote: Not all of us have the time for it anymore. I have somewhere between $500-1000 worth of boards coming this way and I can spend maybe 20 minutes per board before I start losing money via reselling.
I don't think there are a lot of DT members in that situation ;)

IMO the current street price of a Model F122 in good condition is 200-250$.
Can't argue the point, but I know there are a few other resellers on DT as well. :lol:

green-squid

20 Feb 2018, 21:09

Yo clickme!! What's up with the deletion? Are you a reseller and wanna hide it? :P :P

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Feb 2018, 21:22

green-squid wrote: Yo clickme!! What's up with the deletion? Are you a reseller and wanna hide it? :P :P
I don't see what the big deal is about people being resellers. I'm openly a reseller... But I guess I don't grossly overprice my stuff at $4500 for a Beamspring. :roll:

green-squid

20 Feb 2018, 21:47

Blaise170 wrote:
green-squid wrote: Yo clickme!! What's up with the deletion? Are you a reseller and wanna hide it? :P :P
I don't see what the big deal is about people being resellers. I'm openly a reseller... But I guess I don't grossly overprice my stuff at $4500 for a Beamspring. :roll:
I also like selling my stuff sometimes. But why did he delete his post??? no explaination.

Elrick

21 Feb 2018, 01:35

green-squid wrote:
Blaise170 wrote:
I also like selling my stuff sometimes. But why did he delete his post??? no explaination.
Could be DT admins, trying to keep us all safe from this posting ;) .

cookie

21 Feb 2018, 11:15

if you consider that a shitty artisan cap goes for 50+ bucks then 4500 for a proper board suddenly makes sense.

Laser
emacs -nw

21 Feb 2018, 13:43

Blaise170 wrote:
There's no problem with resellers, but it's different when one poses as a different, satisfied buyer of a certain reseller. I'm not saying that was the case (maybe the OP was a real buyer offended by our attention to price), but it did smell a little like it. "Click me" ...

just_add_coffee

22 Feb 2018, 17:30

Wow. The dickishness displayed in this thread is reason numero uno this place is dying.
Laser wrote: There's no problem with resellers, but it's different when one poses as a different, satisfied buyer of a certain reseller. I'm not saying that was the case (maybe the OP was a real buyer offended by our attention to price), but it did smell a little like it. "Click me" ...
Thank you, Alex Jones. But the OP and I are different people.
Wodan wrote: It's just thw wrong crowd here. Most people here will refurb and mod a F122 like that with material costs of less than 20$ and in less than 2-3h of actual effort.

You seem to really be reassured that you didn't overpay which - unfortunately - you did. Don't let that spoil the joy you have with this keyboard.
Not the first time Wodan's talked about shit that he knows absolutely nothing about. And I guaran-damn-tee you that more than 2-3h of actual effort went into this keyboard.

Surely you'll soon refurbish and customize an F122 to the degree that I did and sell it for less, right? No? Then STFU.
j0d1 wrote: IMO the current street price of a Model F122 in good condition is 200-250$.
And IMO, you clearly haven't tried to buy an F122 recently. There are currently ZERO F122s on Ebay.com, none here, and none on /r/mechmarket. I purchased my first F122 six months ago from a well-respected seller here for $200+shipping. I've bought three others since then, and none for less than $300. They simply do not pop up very often anymore.

ANYONE SEEING THIS POST: I will purchase any F122s that I am offered for $250. Chips in the case, rust, and missing keys are NOT a problem. Damaged PCB ... ehhhh ... that's a problem. But otherwise, PM me with a pic and collect your $250.

($300 if it already has the Xwhatsit installed! $340 if it also includes a nice braided, coiled custom cable!!!)

Some of you pompous, know-it-all jackasses are why we cannot have nice things in this field.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

22 Feb 2018, 17:35

You joined less than a year ago yet make claims that this place is dying? What is your gauge on that exactly?

Laser
emacs -nw

22 Feb 2018, 17:42

just_add_coffee wrote: Wow. The dickishness displayed in this thread is reason numero uno this place is dying.
Laser wrote: There's no problem with resellers, but it's different when one poses as a different, satisfied buyer of a certain reseller. I'm not saying that was the case (maybe the OP was a real buyer offended by our attention to price), but it did smell a little like it. "Click me" ...
Thank you, Alex Jones. But the OP and I are different people.

[...]
I think I did convey to speak my mind in a fairly polite way.

Myoth

22 Feb 2018, 18:05

just_add_coffee wrote: And IMO, you clearly haven't tried to buy an F122 recently. I've bought three others since then, and none for less than $300.
I posted earlier four of them that went for less than 150usd, don't pretend you know things when you don't ;D

I bought the french one Tuesday, so recently and I didn't even try to buy one, keep your eyes out !

(BTW why are you being so aggressive ? there's no need to...)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

22 Feb 2018, 18:07

just_add_coffee wrote: […] No? Then STFU. […]
just_add_coffee wrote: […] Some of you pompous, know-it-all jackasses […]

just_add_coffee

22 Feb 2018, 18:21

Myoth wrote:
just_add_coffee wrote: And IMO, you clearly haven't tried to buy an F122 recently. I've bought three others since then, and none for less than $300.
I posted earlier four of them that went for less than 150usd, don't pretend you know things when you don't ;D

I bought the french one Tuesday, so recently and I didn't even try to buy one, keep your eyes out !

(BTW why are you being so aggressive ? there's no need to...)
Links? I check Ebay.com (US, btw) multiple times a day. If a seller in another country doesn't offer worldwide shipping, I cannot see it.

So you'll sell me the one you just bought for $250, right? Probably not. But my offer up above is valid.

And I'm being "aggressive" because a good person was treated unfairly.

Laser
emacs -nw

22 Feb 2018, 18:24

Are you really asking for the links posted by Myoth in this very thread?

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

22 Feb 2018, 18:32

I purchased a f122 for $145 just a week or so ago.

Return to “Keyboards”