BREAKING NEWS: I have recieved my Dell Model M from ChewDrebby!!!!!!!!

green-squid

20 Mar 2018, 14:54

OH
:o
MY
:o
GOD

Yo

Woah

IT IS AWEEEEEEEESOME!!!!! (wish it was a bit more tactile BUT THAT'S OKAY I DON'T CARE I LOVE THIS THING)

I actually have it. It feels so weird!!! Like, you know this fucking legendary keyboard that is coveted by everyone, and you have NO IDEA how it feels like, and then you just have one all of a sudden! Yesterday (or the day before that) I had a dream where I had this keyboard, but it was linear and felt so scratchy!! But this is nothing like it! Except the scratchiness. It's very dirty, but manageable. I will need the screwdriver, but, I can get that very easily.

see you next time for the best fucking cleaning job ever (no bolt mod because it still works according to my MAN CHEWDREBBY, god bless him

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

hansichen

20 Mar 2018, 14:58

Congratulations!
You'll need a 5,5mm nut driver with a slim top, not all of them work. This one should be fine, you just need patience cause it's from China
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC-5-5 ... 08566.html

Iggy

20 Mar 2018, 14:58

Ha ha ha, have fun with it! :)

green-squid

20 Mar 2018, 15:00

hansichen wrote: Congratulations!
You'll need a 5,5mm nut driver with a slim top, not all of them work. This one should be fine, you just need patience cause it's from China
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC-5-5 ... 08566.html
THAN YOU! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
A supermarket near me has a bit set with that in it. Not going to wait a month for that one on Aliexpress.

hansichen

20 Mar 2018, 15:01

Make sure that it's not too thick, many screwdrivers don't work cause the holes in the Model M are pretty deep and thin

green-squid

20 Mar 2018, 15:03

hansichen wrote: Make sure that it's not too thick, many screwdrivers don't work cause the holes in the Model M are pretty deep and thin
It will fit

Iggy

hansichen wrote: Make sure that it's not too thick, many screwdrivers don't work cause the holes in the Model M are pretty deep and thin
That's what I learned the hard way when I bought a bit set.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

christ... I cant imagine your reaction when you get a real keyboard :p

in all seriousness, glad you finally got one and you like it.

green-squid

20 Mar 2018, 15:07

Thank you MIKE!

When I saw the package on my bed I threw everything dow, grabbed that blade and opened it! I was a slight bit disappointed when I didn't feel the tactility, but now I LOVE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!! ;)

green-squid

20 Mar 2018, 15:46

Chyros, can YOU believe it?

I don't think you can!!! :o
Last edited by green-squid on 20 Mar 2018, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

digital_matthew

20 Mar 2018, 15:49

Congrats, man! The Model M is so addictive...

Dingster

20 Mar 2018, 15:52

Congrats and welcome to the buckling spring family :)

green-squid

20 Mar 2018, 15:53

digital_matthew wrote: Congrats, man! The Model M is so addictive...
Yes, It's very addictive, but I don't think I'd need another keyboard after this!

depletedvespene

20 Mar 2018, 16:04

Congratulations! Enjoy your keyboard for the decades to come. :-)

green-squid

20 Mar 2018, 16:12

depletedvespene wrote: Congratulations! Enjoy your keyboard for the decades to come. :-)
I will be using this for a long time! And after death too!

Khers

20 Mar 2018, 17:01

mike52787 wrote: christ... I cant imagine your reaction when you get a real keyboard :p

in all seriousness, glad you finally got one and you like it.
:lol:

This

:mrgreen:

Return to “Keyboards”