Great/Interesting Finds

User avatar
Myoth

Unread post by Myoth » 10 Aug 2018, 16:10

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cybernet-Keybo ... 0005.m1851

not sure if you can call that a great find, but it sure is interesting IMO

xxhellfirexx

Unread post by xxhellfirexx » 11 Aug 2018, 02:46

Image

I don't know what to say about this...
https://picclick.com/vintage-computer-153134268703.html

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

Unread post by abrahamstechnology » 11 Aug 2018, 04:52

xxhellfirexx wrote: Image

I don't know what to say about this...
https://picclick.com/vintage-computer-153134268703.html
That looks... creepy.

User avatar
Nuum

Unread post by Nuum » 11 Aug 2018, 12:31

That is (or was) a Vectrex!

Also what is up with that picclick link? Couldn't you link directly to Ebay instead?

User avatar
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

Unread post by snacksthecat » 11 Aug 2018, 15:24

Myoth wrote: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cybernet-Keybo ... 0005.m1851

not sure if you can call that a great find, but it sure is interesting IMO
That'd be a really cool project to put a modern PC inside :P

User avatar
E TwentyNine

Unread post by E TwentyNine » 11 Aug 2018, 15:48

Nuum wrote: That is (or was) a Vectrex!

Also what is up with that picclick link? Couldn't you link directly to Ebay instead?
Those were sweet machines, completely vector graphic based (as the name implies). Almost bought one just so I could play Star Castle as it was meant to be played.

User avatar
ag36

Unread post by ag36 » 12 Aug 2018, 04:18

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBM-Lexmark- ... 3277056985

Model M13 Trackpoint Keyboard | Erase-Eaze Split Spacebar, bloody expensive but look fun.

User avatar
zrrion

Unread post by zrrion » 12 Aug 2018, 05:18

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-BTC-50 ... 2677994968
Some fun coloured keys on this bad boy. I especially like the big red enter

User avatar
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

Unread post by Blaise170 » 12 Aug 2018, 21:39

Looks like Signature Plastics keycaps.

User avatar
JP!

Unread post by JP! » 13 Aug 2018, 04:04

Any Trekkies here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Trek-Coll ... SwNhhbcND6
st2.jpg
st2.jpg (91.52 KiB) Viewed 543 times
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Trek-The- ... 1438.l2649
ts3.jpg
ts3.jpg (61.6 KiB) Viewed 543 times

User avatar
digital_matthew

Unread post by digital_matthew » 13 Aug 2018, 05:32

I can't make heads or tails of the blue keys on the TNG keyboard. Is it some kind of code? I squinted at it thinking that it would reveal an image of the Enterprise, but to no avail.

User avatar
depletedvespene

Unread post by depletedvespene » 13 Aug 2018, 14:42

Apple M0120 keypad, seemingly in excellent shape, even boxed, for quite a decent price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Macintosh-Nume ... 3467743691

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

Unread post by //gainsborough » 13 Aug 2018, 16:40

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3131642670

The JX boards have reached $900... over $1k if you include shipping.

User avatar
JP!

Unread post by JP! » 13 Aug 2018, 16:55

//gainsborough wrote: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3131642670

The JX boards have reached $900... over $1k if you include shipping.
:shock:

User avatar
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

Unread post by Blaise170 » 13 Aug 2018, 17:15

I wonder if Orihalcon is one of bidders. I have been trying to get him one for quite some time but always get outbid on Japanese auctions (on the order of $1000+).

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

Unread post by //gainsborough » 13 Aug 2018, 17:18

I hope orihalcon ends up with them! Then maybe he’ll come out with a converter =)

Jesus though, this price is normal?? Webwit really gave me quite the deal then. I had no idea!!

User avatar
Chyros

Unread post by Chyros » 13 Aug 2018, 17:27

They look pretty clean too Oo .

User avatar
JP!

Unread post by JP! » 13 Aug 2018, 19:32

And sold for $1,582.09 + shipping. I am shocked. I mean those are cool and all but that is a lot of dosh.

User avatar
depletedvespene

Unread post by depletedvespene » 13 Aug 2018, 19:42

What are those things made of? Uranium?


(that would explain the keycap yellowing, come to think of it)

User avatar
JP!

Unread post by JP! » 13 Aug 2018, 19:43

depletedvespene wrote: What are those things made of? Uranium?


(that would explain the keycap yellowing, come to think of it)
Depleted Uranium ;)

User avatar
Bass

Unread post by Bass » 13 Aug 2018, 19:50

There was an IBM JX keyboard that was posted for sale here for $200 plus shipping not too long ago. Granted, it wasn't in the best shape but I am wondering if anyone on here actually bought it given what these two sold for.

f-o-r-s-a-l-e-f58/ibm-jx-t19312.html

xxhellfirexx

Unread post by xxhellfirexx » 13 Aug 2018, 20:26

Bass wrote: There was an IBM JX keyboard that was posted for sale here for $200 plus shipping not too long ago. Granted, it wasn't in the best shape but I am wondering if anyone on here actually bought it given what these two sold for.

f-o-r-s-a-l-e-f58/ibm-jx-t19312.html

The winning bid for that one is $537.59 USD.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/202380294530 ... 675.l10137

User avatar
Bass

Unread post by Bass » 13 Aug 2018, 21:11

xxhellfirexx wrote:
Bass wrote: There was an IBM JX keyboard that was posted for sale here for $200 plus shipping not too long ago. Granted, it wasn't in the best shape but I am wondering if anyone on here actually bought it given what these two sold for.

f-o-r-s-a-l-e-f58/ibm-jx-t19312.html

The winning bid for that one is $537.59 USD.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/202380294530 ... 675.l10137
Damn... well, looks like we all missed out on a pretty nice deal, that's for sure.

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

Unread post by //gainsborough » 13 Aug 2018, 21:13

Dude...what!?!? That second one isn’t even SKCL! The two that sold for $1.5k have to be the most expensive SKCL green boards ever sold, right?? And then the second one has to be the most expensive SKFL board ever!

What is happening?!

User avatar
zrrion

Unread post by zrrion » 13 Aug 2018, 21:21

Japanese caps for the A E S T H E T I C and people committed enough to it to shell out money. That and its ALPS

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

Unread post by //gainsborough » 13 Aug 2018, 21:35

I just.. I feel like I don't have a grasp on the alps market anymore. That is a mind-boggling amount for two SKCL green boards. They are certainly cool, but damn....

I messaged the seller of the boards that I would buy one for around $250 - which is honestly what I felt it was worth. I feel like an idiot.

User avatar
JP!

Unread post by JP! » 13 Aug 2018, 21:43

zrrion wrote: Japanese caps for the A E S T H E T I C and people committed enough to it to shell out money. That and its ALPS
Yes, Japanese caps + Alps + IBM + availability (lack of). It's like some kind of critical mass.

orihalcon

Unread post by orihalcon » 13 Aug 2018, 22:24

Nope, I didn't win folks! Went for more than I'd be willing to spend. There definitely was some yellowing there and it would be one retr0brite job where I'd loathe the possibility of ending up with keycap bleaching :o

I think once several of these come out on the market, the few high-bidding collectors would get the ones they want and then the price would fall pretty sharply after that. Looking at the bidding history gives a pretty clear indication of that. The third highest bid was $1000, and there were only two bidders that the lot was worth more than that. Now one of those bidders has their JX boards, so I take it they won't be bidding on more of those, so market value should be back down to one bid increment of $25 over the third highest bid of $1000 which would be $1025 for both.

All in all, it had the right recipe of two bidders that really wanted them, much moreso than anyone else as the bid history shows.

There's probably quite a few of these in Japan, it's just that people that own them are unaware that they are worth hundreds of dollars. Having both colors in the same auction probably made it go for even more as the one win gets you 2/3 the way there to having all of the JX board variants. The thought of losing means you still have none and have to go back to searching for them from scratch :D

At least auctions like this raise awareness that they can be sold for quite a bit, which will draw more out of the woodwork and bring prices down over time due to increased supply out there for sale.

User avatar
Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

Re: Great/Interesting Finds

Unread post by Techno Trousers » 13 Aug 2018, 22:54

orihalcon wrote:At least auctions like this raise awareness that they can be sold for quite a bit, which will draw more out of the woodwork and bring prices down over time due to increased supply out there for sale.
Solid logic. I'm still hoping that might happen for beamers someday. But realistically, I'll bet too few of them survived to the present day to make that economy of scale work.

User avatar
Chyros

Unread post by Chyros » 13 Aug 2018, 23:29

Techno Trousers wrote:
orihalcon wrote:At least auctions like this raise awareness that they can be sold for quite a bit, which will draw more out of the woodwork and bring prices down over time due to increased supply out there for sale.
Solid logic. I'm still hoping that might happen for beamers someday. But realistically, I'll bet too few of them survived to the present day to make that economy of scale work.
Pretty sure it IS happening for beamspring. As I recall there weren't anywhere NEAR as many beamers popping up as are doing nowadays.

Post Reply

Return to “Other external”