I have this C.ITOH keyboard from a CIT324 video display terminal. Presumably it is a cousin to the SM-101 but with a completely different connector/controller/protocol. I've racked my brain trying to convert this keyboard to USB over the course of the past year but, alas, I'm not much further than when I started.
I believe I've taken this project as far as I'm personally capable. I've even gone so far as to try and order the original terminal that it came with.
I've documented my attempts to convert this keyboard natively in a workshop thread . There might be some good pieces of information in there so I'd encourage you to take a look if this is something that you're interested in.
Now I'd like to reach out to the community and ask for help.
Here are the parameters of the deal I'm proposing:
- I'm looking for someone on the forum who thinks they can convert this keyboard
- I will send you the board and cover postage both ways
- Please return the board to me in the end (I will be very sad if someone decides to steal it)
- If you're successful, I'll pay you $50 to tell me how you did it
- You will also receive a token gift to commemorate your accomplishment
- Let's say a maximum of 6 months
- I'm located in the US but I'm also quite desperate to know the answer so I'm not opposed to shipping internationally so please don't let geographic distance get in the way of our joint success
- Please do not make fun of me if it turns out to be super obvious/easy (I'm just trying to learn and have fun)
Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have in this thread and I'll do my best to provide some answers.
Thanks for reading and take care!
 keyboards-f2/c-itoh-alps-buckling-sprin ... 18133.html
 workshop-f7/c-itoh-cit324-324e-alps-buc ... 18769.html