Post your keyboard/keycaps!

mcmaxmcmc

23 Feb 2019, 00:08

Lbibass wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 14:44
Quite a nice set! Too bad about there being no homing keys. How are the Hirose Clears in there?
They are so nice! Extremely smooth, a nice sound to boot because of the stem. Feels very comfortable to type on too because of the light progressive springs. They're awesome.

depletedvespene

24 Feb 2019, 17:12

mcmaxmcmc wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 08:23
Cool. :D

I mean, Cool. ツ

Laser
emacs -nw

10 Mar 2019, 14:05

Why I don't need a Realforce R2 :P

(Novatouch with 55g Topre domes, silenced with KBDFans rings, Leopold dye-sublimated keycaps)
novatouch-leopold-55g-silenced.jpg
novatouch-leopold-55g-silenced.jpg (74.25 KiB) Viewed 417 times

Drclick

14 Mar 2019, 20:10

ESA-3000HAGUO

Where is UO: ?
Last edited by Drclick on 16 Mar 2019, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

Myoth

14 Mar 2019, 22:30

I think (all thanks to @ball00n haha) that this is actually HAGU0. Which makes the list of ESA keyboards : HAGD0, HASR0 and HAGU0.

I think the most interesting part is that it's HAGU0 ... ESA boards are weird :?

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

17 Mar 2019, 01:25

The problem with having lots of keycaps is that you never have enough.

I'm doing the dual task of reorganizing/re-matching incomplete sets and looking for some candidates for my custom. I'll be posting some close up photos of some of the more interesting keycaps in my modest arsenal.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

17 Mar 2019, 04:00

Here's my Alps keycap 12 course meal / sampler platter.

#1 - White on gray doubleshots
This is a really cool set from what I presume was a typewriter or word processor. Some of the keycaps have front-printed blue sub legends.
ImageImage

#2 - The out-of-towner
These caps are actually from an Alps buckling spring keyboard that was the center of my frustration for several months. I think they're a really good example of pad printing done well. The legends and the profile are a bit bland for me, though.
ImageImage

#3 - White on gray pad prints
This is a pretty high quality set which is also pad printed pretty well. The keycaps are decently thick and feel like PBT to me, but I could be wrong about that.
ImageImage

#4 - Blue on gray doubleshots
These are also from a typewriter. If the profile was a little bit taller, I'd really like these.
ImageImage

#5 - Fun caps
This set is from some sort of video editing machine. The colors are really cool and there are even a few more colors to the set (but I'm too lazy to grab the board those are on).
ImageImage

#6 - (not so) Fun caps
Now this is my example of really bad pad printing. I can appreciate the thickness of the caps themselves but the printing on them is unforgivable :(
ImageImage

#7 - (even less so) Fun caps
And here is probably the worst set I own. These feel so cheap, it's difficult to describe. Any attempt at a description falls shortof how terrible these are.
ImageImage

#8 - The Chameleon
This set I included because I love the color. They look good with almost anything!
ImageImage

#9 - Xerox Docutech
These are really cool and have some fun legends on some of the keycaps. All of them are dyesub except for the "STOP" key which is doubleshot in a cool orange color. That keycap looks amazing up close but unfortunately the color combination doesn't translate very well at a distance.
ImageImage
ImageImage

#10 - Sculpted and boxy
This is another typewriter set. I used the alphas on a keyboard with SKCM undampened creams and they feel amazing. Lots of funky shapes and some of the keycaps are flat, which I found interesting. Seems like whatever these came on was probably an expensive item at the time.
ImageImage
ImageImage

#11 - See through
These are from an old Matias board that I got as my secret santa gift. I'd never seen see-through alps keycaps, nor had I ever seen SKBM switches!
ImageImage

#12 - NExT
Finally, caps from a NExT keyboard. There aren't many white on black Alps keycaps and these are certainly a nice specimen. I don't care for some of the funky symbols like the "power" keycap but perhaps someone out there likes those. Unfortunately, I have the majority of this set out on loan to someone trying to design a kit for a group buy. Hope to get them back soon and put them to good use!
ImageImage

hansichen

Yesterday, 11:27

A little upgrade for my HHKB :)
IMG_0427.jpg
IMG_0427.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 100 times
IMG_0426.jpg
IMG_0426.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 100 times

zslane

Yesterday, 18:03

I love seeing HiPro keycaps on HHKBs.

Return to “Gallery”