[IC] HADapter Round II (Pok3rFox, Diamonds, Splitkit) <= PRICES

For which Layout would you like to see the next HADapter kit?

WhiteFox (Focus on TrueFox)
28%
OLKB Planck/Preonic (See OP for layout)
19%
Pok3r (Mostly PN/FN mods)
43%
JD40/45like non-ortholinear 40% layouts
10%

Total votes: 134

AdrianMan

15 Nov 2018, 13:31

hansichen wrote: 150
Is there someone willing to take the group buy further from Wodan ?

Maybe we could split the responsability and organize somehow....

Veggis

29 Nov 2018, 13:23

AdrianMan wrote:

I would, but running a GB from Norway with import taxes and high shipping costs would be a challenge :oops:
I'll gladly offer any help I can give to anyone who wants to run it though!

AdrianMan

29 Nov 2018, 13:41

Veggis wrote:
AdrianMan wrote:

I would, but running a GB from Norway with import taxes and high shipping costs would be a challenge :oops:
I'll gladly offer any help I can give to anyone who wants to run it though!

I wouldn't have any taxes if the stuff comes from Germany, and sending as mail tracked (no insurance) would be a bit cheaper in my country (@5.5->6Eur(EU, for USA/Canada/Others might be 1-2 Eur more) Packed in an bubbled envelope).

I would jump in to get everything bulk and proxy them forward to other people, but I wouldn't want to handle the gathering of the money and ordering the stuff with GMK etc.

So basically I would jump in with getting them bulk and then sending to the list of people that joined.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

29 Nov 2018, 13:52

In for 10 kits!!!

AdrianMan

29 Nov 2018, 14:05

Wodan wrote: In for 10 kits!!!
Haha, nice :)

So we need someone to collect the cash and submit the order to GMK :)

Would you help that person with everything needed to do that Wodan :) ?

TOZZIL

30 Nov 2018, 03:00

Please make this happen, you good people!

ideus

03 Dec 2018, 05:20

A prrofile molds will be available for 1.25 mods now, after the recent carbon drop. Another reason for this set to be made.

Menuhin

02 Jan 2019, 08:38

TOZZIL wrote: Please make this happen, you good people!
2019!

ideus

08 Jan 2019, 19:29

Still in need of this. Is there any news on its GB run?

Muirium
µ

08 Jan 2019, 19:35

Nope.

Someone needs to take it on. Someone with money (not me) and not soon to be in an ex officio territory with unknown shipping and customs arrangements (not me x2).

hansichen

08 Jan 2019, 20:27

Deutsche Post killed all group buy plans for German people. Unless someone else picks it up this project is most likely dead.

faxe
5711 4 life

08 Jan 2019, 20:32

I can take care of shipping if that would help. Worldwide untracked 4 Euro up to 500g. Deutsche Post is only a little bad :)

autoload -Uz

12 Feb 2019, 09:07

I wish I was in a position to run this.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 Feb 2019, 09:25

autoload -Uz wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 09:07
I wish I was in a position to run this.
Don‘t we all? There are dozens of euros of profits to be made with just a few days worth of hobby time wasted :lol:

This GB is on my bucket list tho

ideus

18 Feb 2019, 04:00

We all know that you Wodan are a committed KB hobby master that may give your time and talent for the community, just for the pleasure of serve.

AdrianMan

27 Mar 2019, 09:45

Someone is doing a korean beige alpha's kit ... maybe the two group buys could be united ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/com ... addon_kit/

ideus

28 Mar 2019, 01:45

I really want this kit to be run; but, I really do not see the connection with the Korean's kit.

LightningXI

28 Mar 2019, 01:58

ideus wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 01:45
I really want this kit to be run; but, I really do not see the connection with the Korean's kit.
I would agree with this. I think they can be kept separately.

jani80k

03 Jun 2019, 15:21

Please, let's run this. I would help with organizing to keep strain off the former runners. I would be in for multiple kits.

PlastikSchnittstelle

03 Jun 2019, 15:39

YES!
suggestion:
since it isn't just an addon kit but ment to adapt old cherry keycap sets, let's make the bottom row caps F-profile ONLY. onr at least as option. I'd love that!

jani80k

09 Jun 2019, 21:56

I asked Wodan, if he would be ok with us running a similar kit. He said, it's fine as long as we don't call it HADapter.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101096.0

St0ckz

09 Jun 2019, 22:23

jani80k wrote:
I asked Wodan, if he would be ok with us running a similar kit. He said, it's fine as long as we don't call it HADapter.

wodapter?
badapter?
fadapter?

I mean I could go on...

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Jun 2019, 23:10

Thanks for coming up with this @jani80k

I will probably join the GB myself since I love those R5 caps!

depletedvespene

09 Jun 2019, 23:17

jani80k wrote:

All hail the Spiritual Successor of HADapter! :D

kbdfr
The Tiproman

10 Jun 2019, 08:36

Just as an info, here's the pic in the opening post of the geekhack thread:

I note that while it looks like this set features some keys not contained in Wodan's HADapter and HADditional sets
(and apparently some standard keys existing in original Cherry sets anyway),
it has no diamond keys, no symbol Win and Menu keys,
and above all no AltGr key.

Shihatsu

10 Jun 2019, 19:39

No Wodan no HADapter. Cheap spinoff, will not participate.

westfoxtrot

10 Jun 2019, 20:01

Shihatsu wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 19:39
No Wodan no HADapter. Cheap spinoff, will not participate.
who said it would be cheap :roll:

jani80k

10 Jun 2019, 20:19

Hey guys, before this discussion goes into the wrong direction. Of course, I have contacted Wodan before doing something like this and he has approved it.
This is not trying to be a copy of Hadapter so some keys will be different. It is more the attempt to bridge the gap between a modern keycap set and the keycaps sets you can find on old keyboards.
The demand for something like this is quite high at the moment in the community and many people were asking for it.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

10 Jun 2019, 21:59

jani80k wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 20:19
Hey guys, before this discussion goes into the wrong direction. Of course, I have contacted Wodan before doing something like this and he has approved it.
This is not trying to be a copy of Hadapter so some keys will be different. It is more the attempt to bridge the gap between a modern keycap set and the keycaps sets you can find on old keyboards.
The demand for something like this is quite high at the moment in the community and many people were asking for it.
I had read the disclaimer in your previous post and was by no means implying you aree cheating or anything of the kind.
My post was just a note of some differences betwen your set and Wodan's HADapter (+HADditional).
In my opinion you are adding some useless keys (as they already exist in standard OG Cherry sets) and forgetting exactly those which made Wodan's sets so remarkable.

By the way: hi Wodan :mrgreen:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

10 Jun 2019, 22:15

I really approve of this new GB!
And it doesn‘t mean HADapter II isn‘t going to ever happen.
But it really takes the pressure off me and allows everyone to get their bottom rows right.

Also HADapterII might take a whole different turn now that this GB is covering these caps. As mentioned before, I will be getting some kits myself for sure.

Also Hi kbdfr! Always a pleasure

Return to “Group buys”