Stuff you just bought

User avatar
Scarpia

17 Sep 2019, 13:12

It’s a Weihrauch HW30S, a very low power springer, fitted with a nice Hawke Vantage IR 2-7x32AO scope.

The limit for no-license ownership here is 10 joules but I ordered it from Germany where the limit is 7.5 J; in layman’s terms, it might kill a bird but it’ll barely break skin on a mammal (ok it’ll break skin and it’ll be a bad day for everyone involved, but it’s not hunting grade power). For comparison, the popular nitro piston Benjamin Trail delivers a whopping 34 joules !!!

So in effect, it’s a (high quality) backyard target shooter for 10-25 meters only, meaning there is no requirement for a license or lock or gun safe.

Still, with children in the house (and potentially their less-forward-thinking friends) I want a lock on it. And I’m sure this one can be bypassed easily if you know what you’re doing (or you know, own a screwdriver), but it’ll stop a 10-year-old idiot from doing something impulsive and that’s all I need.

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

18 Sep 2019, 02:12

Scarpia wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 13:12
It’s a Weihrauch HW30S, a very low power springer, fitted with a nice Hawke Vantage IR 2-7x32AO scope.

The limit for no-license ownership here is 10 joules but I ordered it from Germany where the limit is 7.5 J; in layman’s terms, it might kill a bird but it’ll barely break skin on a mammal (ok it’ll break skin and it’ll be a bad day for everyone involved, but it’s not hunting grade power). For comparison, the popular nitro piston Benjamin Trail delivers a whopping 34 joules !!!

So in effect, it’s a (high quality) backyard target shooter for 10-25 meters only, meaning there is no requirement for a license or lock or gun safe.

Still, with children in the house (and potentially their less-forward-thinking friends) I want a lock on it. And I’m sure this one can be bypassed easily if you know what you’re doing (or you know, own a screwdriver), but it’ll stop a 10-year-old idiot from doing something impulsive and that’s all I need.
Here in Argentina there is no regulation, no matter if you have a 100 joules monster or any kind of air rifle. Because of this I was able to have very powerful rifles when I was still a kid, like the Hatsan 125 that I bought with my brother. The last week I got this 150 bar PCP handgun in a trade. If you're not a skinny nerd like I, you can easily deal with it using a single hand.

Image

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

02 Oct 2019, 20:35

Got this for only $20! Likely futaba switches.

Image

User avatar
Elrick

03 Oct 2019, 03:47

abrahamstechnology wrote:
02 Oct 2019, 20:35
Got this for only $20! Likely futaba switches.

Image
Beautiful layout made back when keyboard design was sturdy and purposeful.

Without any RGB sickness being enforced anywhere into the frame, nice purchase. Please post new pics of it being cleaned and re-used again.

Keyboards like this should be connected up to another PC and used daily for contentment and peaceful intentions.

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

03 Oct 2019, 04:24

Elrick wrote:
03 Oct 2019, 03:47

Beautiful layout made back when keyboard design was sturdy and purposeful.

Without any RGB sickness being enforced anywhere into the frame, nice purchase. Please post new pics of it being cleaned and re-used again.

Keyboards like this should be connected up to another PC and used daily for contentment and peaceful intentions.
Heck yeah! Another great keyboard chassis I got is this KeyTronic (currently working on a PCB and case mod to use better switches but the case is excellent quality)
Image

Fkazim

08 Oct 2019, 10:33

Just picked up an NTC keyboard in fantastic condition with my preferred layout (ISO UK) :D

What switches do you guys think this has any input would be nice.

Thanks.
Attachments
NTC KB 5153EA.PNG
NTC KB 5153EA.PNG (950.41 KiB) Viewed 1809 times

kmnov2017

09 Oct 2019, 12:26

This looks like an NTC 6151 - White ALPS (most likely)

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

10 Oct 2019, 00:00

Tried the Packard Bell board out today, it uses light blue Futaba switches with grey in spacebar. They feel and sound like buckling springs but less tactile. Overall OK.
Edit: some of the switches are white.

User avatar
snuci
Vintage computer guy

10 Oct 2019, 20:47

Okay... Which one of you guys did your homework and sniped this from me at the last second a couple of days ago? :)
OS2 screen reader.jpg
OS2 screen reader.jpg (47.05 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/183978881738?&n ... ig_cvip=tr

Edit: Look carefully at the auction pictures.

User avatar
purdobol

15 Oct 2019, 13:57

orihalcon wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 15:33
I presume you're doing a mix of these caps with some Maquardt butterfly switches perhaps from another Olympia keyboard? So say white alphas with black modifiers? That's something I always thought would look nice!
Yep

Image

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

18 Oct 2019, 01:46

Got 200 of these:
DSC00708.png
DSC00708.png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 1443 times

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

19 Oct 2019, 01:52

I ended up getting this for $30. Blue or White Alps.

Image

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

19 Oct 2019, 01:53

I have over 5 boards in drydock right now. Why do I keep getting more?

User avatar
Elrick

22 Oct 2019, 09:53

abrahamstechnology wrote:
19 Oct 2019, 01:53
I have over 5 boards in drydock right now. Why do I keep getting more?
Because you're a 100% DT addicted fanatic, with no cure to this madness :evilgeek: .

Totally understandable in every way :D .

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

04 Nov 2019, 02:32

I got a Cherry G80-8000 or something for about 3 USD. I wonder if it has vintage or new switches.

Image

User avatar
Elrick

Yesterday, 04:55

Just received my G815, fresh from Logitech Central.

It's the Click Type switch, nothing extraordinary here but their customized lighting is quite good. So as usual I customize the Modifiers, Numpad, Enter, Delete and all F Keys differently.

It gives the illusion of coloured keys when in fact I could never buy any extra keys for this latest design, they're not available nor would ever be.

Suppose it's the poor man's version of changing colours via leds instead of actually buying coloured PBT or ABS keys to re-design your keyboard in any way.

Weird trying to get use to the low slant of the keyboard, their slim line approach isn't my fave concept. Now if they did this in a three inch thick case, then it would be worth the extra cost without any complaint's.

Fkazim

Yesterday, 10:15

Finally I got my hands on an IBM Model M SSK for an actual reasonable price and with blue sublegends no less so happy. There's only one missing rivet. Below is a picture of the SSK.
IMG_20191101_204252.jpg
IMG_20191101_204252.jpg (3.74 MiB) Viewed 83 times

Post Reply

Return to “News”