Great/Interesting Finds

User avatar
Weezer

06 Mar 2020, 07:27

Yeah I call dibs on the next space-cadet.

John Doe

06 Mar 2020, 14:57

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-1980-IBM-P ... %7Ciid%3A1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lear-Siegler-A ... %7Ciid%3A1


Both are what I want but beyond I could pay, rich asshole take them...and share here.

User avatar
wadeak78

07 Mar 2020, 02:27

I'm pretty sure that the Lear Siegler has Stackpole style switches.

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

08 Mar 2020, 22:25

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274300451487

@orihalcon bro are you insane?

John Doe

10 Mar 2020, 00:04

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153858168529/

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3809903141

Wonder how many 4704s does orihalcon have still on earth....

User avatar
Icarium

10 Mar 2020, 10:45


User avatar
Elrick

11 Mar 2020, 02:15

//gainsborough wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 22:25
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274300451487

@orihalcon bro are you insane?
Hey, he's smart to factor in the current COVID-19 pandemonium, where everyone has the ability to profit from this ;) .

It's the American way.

orihalcon

11 Mar 2020, 17:33

A buyer asked me to list them that way to get combined shipping to figure correctly, so not insane, just good customer service. It’s possible they decide not to end up buying, but that’s ok if that turns out to be the case.

Free market lets buyers vote with their dollars. If you don’t want to buy something at a certain price, no one is forcing you to buy :lol:

Replacement switches (particularly blues) are also an interesting topic since I have to buy them from publicly available sources at what you would consider to be the “regular average” price.

I do have to charge more than what I pay for them, but there’s definitely value added as I only sell the ones that are in nice condition. I’m not actually making much when you figure in all the ones that I end up with that are in sub-optimal condition that I wouldn’t use/sell myself, not to mention final value fees and time spent carefully harvesting and testing them individually.

If I had an unlimited supply of cheap blues that were in great shape that I could buy for below the going rate, I’d certainly sell them for less. Would be way less work and no risk of poor condition switches or finding boards that you think have blues or end up having some other switch instead.

User avatar
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

11 Mar 2020, 18:35

John Doe wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 00:04
https://www.ebay.com/itm/153858168529/

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3809903141

Wonder how many 4704s does orihalcon have still on earth....
Is that how much the Just Systems RF board goes for? I got mine for far less with some extras. Not trying to blow up anyones spot but that price made me say wow.

kevinhou

11 Mar 2020, 20:05

snacksthecat wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 18:35
John Doe wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 00:04
https://www.ebay.com/itm/153858168529/

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3809903141

Wonder how many 4704s does orihalcon have still on earth....
Is that how much the Just Systems RF board goes for? I got mine for far less with some extras. Not trying to blow up anyones spot but that price made me say wow.
There was a 108UW sold for $1600 on japanese yahoo auction last week.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c806173048

Is the "original shipping box" worth about $300?

latemodel24

11 Mar 2020, 20:28


User avatar
Keybug

11 Mar 2020, 22:25

Delivered as promised! The lady who 'invented' it apparently won a prize. Anyway, looking forward immensely to that swearfest! Didn't think he'd get round to reviewing it so soon.

Slom

12 Mar 2020, 10:13


latemodel24

12 Mar 2020, 14:54

He probably wanted to go ahead and get it done with.

John Doe

12 Mar 2020, 15:31

That MALTRON gone fast.

Aran.E99

12 Mar 2020, 17:03

Had that Maltron on my watch list for a week now but I'd only buy it to resell so hopefully whoever bought it gets some good use out of it!

User avatar
Keybug

12 Mar 2020, 23:19

I wonder what switches his cat would prefer, i.e. which would make the best bed springs for small carnivores? Surely, mechanical would be more pleasant than rubber domes! Image how she would curl up on that Maltron...

John Doe

13 Mar 2020, 03:30

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223944589389/

Seller relisted the beamer with higher price and auction way, first time is certain 800$ and buy it now.

User avatar
JP!

13 Mar 2020, 14:36

John Doe wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 03:30
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223944589389/

Seller relisted the beamer with higher price and auction way, first time is certain 800$ and buy it now.
I normally try not to pay much over $100 for these :D

kmnov2017

13 Mar 2020, 14:47

JP! wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 14:36
John Doe wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 03:30
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223944589389/

Seller relisted the beamer with higher price and auction way, first time is certain 800$ and buy it now.
I normally try not to pay much over $100 for these :D
Same here..

John Doe

13 Mar 2020, 14:53

JP! wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 14:36
John Doe wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 03:30
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223944589389/

Seller relisted the beamer with higher price and auction way, first time is certain 800$ and buy it now.
I normally try not to pay much over $100 for these :D
Considering what you have owned, thats not what surprised me... :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Icarium

14 Mar 2020, 21:58

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Keyboard-T ... SwPqleANL7

I am a sucker for APL legends. :)
I would never pay that much money for it but maybe somebody else wants to. ;)

User avatar
JP!

15 Mar 2020, 00:59

Icarium wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 21:58
https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Keyboard-T ... SwPqleANL7

I am a sucker for APL legends. :)
I would never pay that much money for it but maybe somebody else wants to. ;)
Interesting, this one is quite similar to one I picked up last year.
Spoiler:
modelm_apl.jpg
modelm_apl.jpg (307.94 KiB) Viewed 1301 times

User avatar
wobbled

15 Mar 2020, 15:48

Don't buy those beamsprings! What is supposedly 'ultra rare' has three current listings for a 3278 on ebay UK alone.

Stop being stupid.

User avatar
wobbled

15 Mar 2020, 15:52

kmnov2017 wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 21:10
JP! wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 20:45
I've bought a couple of these. The blue badge is lame but was able to get a couple black badge repro pcb badges from Wobbled.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-M-In ... SwlINdgRCs
12 pounds ! What a ripoff. These cost like 10 cents a piece when ordered from JLCPCB!!!!
Just seen this post, they are definitely not 10 cents a piece for these ones I ordered. And the price is not a rip off, considering I have to purchase supplies to pack them up, pay ebay fees and paypal fees for the sale, and more important pay shipping - which is the bulk of the price sometimes.
If you think you can do it cheaper, then do it? In the past I've sent people who have ordered via deskthority more than they actually bought so they themselves can sent to other people in the USA for a cheaper price.
Ya try and help people, and instead you get whinged at. Typical that.
You complain at a £10-£15 niche product with only one supplier, but a £2000 beamspring is acceptable?
'nuff said.

User avatar
JP!

17 Mar 2020, 20:38

If someone gets this be sure to run some antivirus software.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXTREMELY-RARE ... OSwl7pecRv~

User avatar
Weezer

18 Mar 2020, 00:55

JP! wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 20:38
antivirus software.
*groans* :lol:


Slom

19 Mar 2020, 21:09

Aran.E99 wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 17:03
Had that Maltron on my watch list for a week now but I'd only buy it to resell so hopefully whoever bought it gets some good use out of it!
I only posted it so I would not buy it myself ;) I allready have a kinesis contoured, I don't think I could learn yet another physical layout
...
Which is at the office, where I'm not, the thing I miss most in my work from home environment right now.

User avatar
JP!

19 Mar 2020, 22:33


Post Reply

Return to “Other external”