G80-1254 HAD

taek

04 Nov 2017, 09:46

Hello,

Picked this one up a few month ago.
It has cherry mx black switch, low profile double-shot caps, and annoying 10m(approx. 32.80ft) length cable. :twisted:

Here's photos of it.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Spoiler:
Image

Image

Connector have 9 pins, but inside of it, pin #3 and #7 is not wired.
No idea what interface should I use. :?
Image
Image

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

04 Nov 2017, 10:26

Ugh those keycaps alone are sweet. :o Very nice indeed. :shock:

Any idea how old it is?

User avatar
hansichen

04 Nov 2017, 11:08

I remember the listing of the board on ebay with the big cable pile. It's an adorable board and I'm a bit surprised to see these "dsa" caps on a mx board.

taek

04 Nov 2017, 12:16

Sticker on the PCB says 1254HAD/00 69 D09(1991??), but model name is Tastatur 95.
I'm confused. :?

taek

04 Nov 2017, 12:23

hansichen wrote: I remember the listing of the board on ebay with the big cable pile. It's an adorable board and I'm a bit surprised to see these "dsa" caps on a mx board.
yes, this might be the one you found on ebay. I got it from ebay.
For the first time, I saw a board with mx and dsa caps. :shock:

User avatar
Wodan
ISO Advocate

04 Nov 2017, 13:50

The keycaps are not DSA!

They are made by Cherry in their own profile. Very few keyboard with these caps are around today but these caps were done on Cherry‘s own machines!

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

04 Nov 2017, 17:43

Wodan wrote: The keycaps are not DSA!

They are made by Cherry in their own profile. Very few keyboard with these caps are around today but these caps were done on Cherry‘s own machines!
That's right, this is the mother of DSA and ten times nicer! :o
taek wrote: Sticker on the PCB says 1254HAD/00 69 D09(1991??), but model name is Tastatur 95.
I'm confused. :?
Yeah those Cherry codes are nappy. Thanks anyway, could very well be from 1991 or earlier. ;)
Last edited by seebart on 04 Nov 2017, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JP!

04 Nov 2017, 18:09

Wow, very cool.

User avatar
ideus

05 Nov 2017, 12:30

Those may easily be the coolest double shots ever.

User avatar
Myoth

05 Nov 2017, 13:11

When are we going to talk about the fact that we need this profile with these exact legends brought up to date ? They are seriously one of the best keycaps I have seen. GMK might be able to make them again ?

codemonkeymike

05 Nov 2017, 15:29

Myoth wrote: When are we going to talk about the fact that we need this profile with these exact legends brought up to date ? They are seriously one of the best keycaps I have seen. GMK might be able to make them again ?
It has been talked about in depth in the Hi-profile set Matt3o was making. workshop-f7/hi-profile-pbt-dye-sub-the- ... 10805.html

User avatar
zslane

05 Nov 2017, 17:48

Beautiful sphericals!

To me those are truly "OG Cherry" keycaps. What everyone else calls OG Cherry are cylindricals that can't begin to compare to those sublime sphericals.

Post Reply

Return to “Gallery”