what connector is this???


22 Oct 2019, 01:03

I want to use this keyboard with my modern pc and it has some weird connector ive never seen...need to know how to get it converted to ps2 so I can use a ps2 to usb converter and use it with my pc
20191021_171240.jpg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 2139 times
20191021_171211.jpg (2.02 MiB) Viewed 2139 times
20191021_171207.jpg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 2139 times
20191021_171157.jpg (2.09 MiB) Viewed 2139 times
20191021_171150.jpg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 2139 times
20191021_171259.jpg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 2139 times

User avatar

22 Oct 2019, 09:58

Don't know the plug, but that's an old Fujitsu, and old Fujitsus are quite difficult to convert. Lovely board btw! :D


22 Oct 2019, 12:59

is it worth a lot of $$? ive heard the old fujitus are going for like 450 on some sites

User avatar

22 Oct 2019, 14:09

vespertine wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 12:59
is it worth a lot of $$? ive heard the old fujitus are going for like 450 on some sites
no. You can buy them on Yahoo auction for no more than around $50

User avatar

22 Oct 2019, 16:41

I think this is a proprietary (?) connector as made by Fujitsu for their "FM Towns" line of personal computers.

https://ancientelectronics.wordpress.co ... s-ii-se20/

You can see it on the front of the computer here.

https://ancientelectronics.files.wordpr ... ?w=1200&h=

User avatar

22 Oct 2019, 22:55

I have a very similar board, a Fujitsu N860-2500-T111. Similar type connector. I couldn't find any existing protocol converter then (and am not aware of any currently) and so ended up doing a controller replacement using the Teensy2.0++. I posted more details including the keyboard matrix and the IC pins for each row/column here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17087

I suspect you will need to go this route too in order to get the board working on a modern PC, unless someone else is aware of someone coming up with a protocol converter. Also, you will need to double check things on your board since it may not be identical to mine.

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”