[WTB/WTT] IBM Beamspring 3278 A02 or 3279

Deus_LB

24 Jul 2020, 10:37

Here we go for the long shot.

Looking for my ultimate unicorn, the Beamspring 3278 Model A02 or 3279 as shown below.

Don’t really mind between a German or US version, unrestored is fine for me, will not be picky on the condition, only on internal condition.

Wanna consider a PayPal but can also put some part of my collection to make the right deal.

HAVE :

- Model M Indy SSK (Mopar) clean not modded yet (Have the OG Plastic cover and OG MDS cover)
- Model M SSK (non modded, pristine condition)
- Model M 101 Indy (Oval badge) with nice blue sublegend keys (non modded) (also have a NOS 101 Indy case)
- Beamspring 5251 French Azerty Layout unrestored (yet) but clean and rust free
- Full blue key set from a Selectric I : complete with knobs etc. Super duper clean set (removes from an actual Selectric by a former IBM engineer)

Thank you for reading me so far

Stay safe
Attachments
CC7D82C2-96DA-4535-AE7C-5C2CEF1671FA.jpeg
CC7D82C2-96DA-4535-AE7C-5C2CEF1671FA.jpeg (92.49 KiB) Viewed 1802 times

User avatar
shine

24 Jul 2020, 11:09

Have to admit that my heart jumped a bit when I first thought that this was a sell post lol.

very nice collection as well, GLWB!!

Deus_LB

24 Jul 2020, 11:13

Don’t worry, mine would have do a barrel roll too ^.^

Maybe there is one out there who knows ?

Thank you :) ideally I rather buy it but thought that someone could be interested in a trade :)

Deus_LB

01 Aug 2020, 18:49

Bump

Deus_LB

25 Aug 2020, 22:13

And again

User avatar
JP!

26 Aug 2020, 03:42

Wow you have some really nice stuff. Sadly I'm missing this 3278 and also missing a Mopar SSK :cry: I seen a nice 3278/79 a while back but wasn't willing to pay $2k (plus tax) for one.

Deus_LB

27 Aug 2020, 19:23

I think we saw the same on the bay, took to much time to think about it and wasn’t sure about the German layout, kinda regret that I wasn’t sure ...

The Mopar was a fantastic bargain however ^^

User avatar
JP!

27 Aug 2020, 20:11

The one I seen was US layout not German. I do think you got the Mopar SSK that I lost because I was trying to get a better deal on an already fair price :(

Deus_LB

27 Aug 2020, 21:07

Pretty sure we weren’t on the same :) got mine out of Ebay for very cheap, was the only bidder and then manage to get it

Deus_LB

13 Sep 2020, 10:50

And up

Deus_LB

26 Sep 2020, 11:28

And again (sorry for flooding, kinda stubborn..)

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Sep 2020, 18:37

Deus_LB wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 11:28
And again (sorry for flooding, kinda stubborn..)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ibm-beam-sprin ... 7675.l2557

Did you grab that one by chance?

Deus_LB

26 Sep 2020, 20:34

Redmaus wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 18:37
Deus_LB wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 11:28
And again (sorry for flooding, kinda stubborn..)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ibm-beam-sprin ... 7675.l2557

Did you grab that one by chance?
Was about to but no.

The seller looks fishy, shipping costs were crazy (400US$ wherever the destination) and the guy keeps posting and reposting the same auctions. I asked more pictures of it, he never replied, I waited till too late.

Craziest thing was I almost click the button, but to much variables, price was fine to me but I rather like a « clean deal ».

Kinda mad tbh..

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Sep 2020, 20:57

Deus_LB wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 20:34
Was about to but no.

The seller looks fishy, shipping costs were crazy (400US$ wherever the destination) and the guy keeps posting and reposting the same auctions. I asked more pictures of it, he never replied, I waited till too late.

Craziest thing was I almost click the button, but to much variables, price was fine to me but I rather like a « clean deal ».

Kinda mad tbh..
Literally the exact reason I didn't either. I was about to buy it, but really didn't like that the shipping was clearly inflated to line the buyer's own pockets and the fact that it was based in china with a sketchy seller.

Also mad I didn't grab it, if it was $1800 + reasonable shipping I probably would have bought it.

User avatar
inmbolmie

26 Sep 2020, 21:09

No doubt that was a high risk operation... shipping is from China, the guy has zero feedback as seller, only posting high value
keyboards and some with terrible sloppily made photos, incredible if you are trying to sell a $1000+ thing online.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/febin2253/m.html

I won't say it is s scam, looks more sloppy than "scammy", but I wouldn't risk so much money either.

Deus_LB

26 Sep 2020, 21:20

Redmaus wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 20:57
Deus_LB wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 20:34
Was about to but no.

The seller looks fishy, shipping costs were crazy (400US$ wherever the destination) and the guy keeps posting and reposting the same auctions. I asked more pictures of it, he never replied, I waited till too late.

Craziest thing was I almost click the button, but to much variables, price was fine to me but I rather like a « clean deal ».

Kinda mad tbh..
Literally the exact reason I didn't either. I was about to buy it, but really didn't like that the shipping was clearly inflated to line the buyer's own pockets and the fact that it was based in china with a sketchy seller.

Also mad I didn't grab it, if it was $1800 + reasonable shipping I probably would have bought it.
Couldn’t say it better than you did.

Price was what I wanted to pay for it so no problem there, but looking closely at what was happening on the seller’s 3277 auction (outrageous pictures, close to zero description, no inside, no backpanel) and keep reposting it I was already suspicious.

Shipping costs were inflated so hard that I don’t even understand the point of doing it.

The Chinese market for such keeb is already pretty high, why bother selling it on eBay, taobao is filled with high priced keebs.

And finally no reviews as seller.

If he had replied to me I could have take a shot at it, he didn’t, I waited more than a year to get on of these, I can wait more.
Last edited by Deus_LB on 26 Sep 2020, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

Deus_LB

26 Sep 2020, 21:21

inmbolmie wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 21:09
No doubt that was a high risk operation... shipping is from China, the guy has zero feedback as seller, only posting high value
keyboards and some with terrible sloppily made photos, incredible if you are trying to sell a $1000+ thing online.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/febin2253/m.html

I won't say it is s scam, looks more sloppy than "scammy", but I wouldn't risk so much money either.
Plus the fact that there was no description, the picture was so bad I wasn’t even sure that it was an US layout and not a German layout (it was an American one but still hard to see).

I’m mad, but I can live with it.

User avatar
Weezer

27 Sep 2020, 09:24

So I was the one who bought the keyboard.

If it makes you feel any better, there never was a keyboard to be had. The seller is listing all of his ebay auctions on Chinese sites as well. Even though I bought the keyboard, the seller canceled my order a couple hours later, before money had even left my account, because he'd sold it to another person in China.

I'd say he also reads this forum as well because his shipping prices have been adjusted.

Deus_LB

27 Sep 2020, 09:40

Weezer wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 09:24
So I was the one who bought the keyboard.

If it makes you feel any better, there never was a keyboard to be had. The seller is listing all of his ebay auctions on Chinese sites as well. Even though I bought the keyboard, the seller canceled my order a couple hours later, before money had even left my account, because he'd sold it to another person in China.

I'd say he also reads this forum as well because his shipping prices have been adjusted.
Dropshipping ? Even better ...

I’m glad that nothing left your account mate :)

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

27 Sep 2020, 23:21

Weezer wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 09:24
So I was the one who bought the keyboard.

If it makes you feel any better, there never was a keyboard to be had. The seller is listing all of his ebay auctions on Chinese sites as well. Even though I bought the keyboard, the seller canceled my order a couple hours later, before money had even left my account, because he'd sold it to another person in China.

I'd say he also reads this forum as well because his shipping prices have been adjusted.
Like Deus said, really happy nothing left your account. :) I hope ebay does something about him since he still has another beamspring up with ridick shipping price at the time of me typing this.

Post Reply

Return to “Want to buy”