So I brought it home, removed the keyboard module, cleaned it up, and was quite happy with it. Without the rubber dome sheet inside, the switches feel great. Very smooth, good weight, etc. The only problem is that with the domes, the travel feels hilariously short. Still fairly smooth or whatever.
It took me a few hours to map the matrix, but once I got it, I set up a QMK config for it and wired the board up to a Pro Micro, and it works great! I typed this entire post on it. Now I just have to figure out the second layer for my keymap and some sort of a case (or at least standoffs so I don't have to balance the board on a roll of solder).
Here is my beautiful creation: