IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

User avatar
Chyros

12 Dec 2018, 06:59

Looks like a Chicony 5161 with Futabas.

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

12 Dec 2018, 09:08

Chyros wrote: Looks like a Chicony 5161 with Futabas.
Thanks dude :)

User avatar
JP!

14 Dec 2018, 03:42

I spotted this neat looking Model M clone. Anyone here see this keyboard before or know what switches it might have?

The info I have so far:
Japan Computer Corp (JCC) oem label
FCC ID GT327GKB001 - https://fccid.io/GT327GKB001 (I'm thinking it is from the late 80's)
MADE IN KOREA
SMK Corporation
MODEL KB3000
0.jpg
0.jpg (352.65 KiB) Viewed 955 times
Spoiler:
1.jpg
1.jpg (362.95 KiB) Viewed 955 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (55.11 KiB) Viewed 955 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (24.2 KiB) Viewed 955 times

mcmaxmcmc

14 Dec 2018, 04:11

JP! wrote: I spotted this neat looking Model M clone. Anyone here see this keyboard before or know what switches it might have?

The info I have so far:
Japan Computer Corp (JCC) oem label
FCC ID GT327GKB001 - https://fccid.io/GT327GKB001 (I'm thinking it is from the late 80's)
MADE IN KOREA
SMK Corporation
MODEL KB3000
0.jpg
Spoiler:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Well, it's made by SMK, so I'd guess a Monterey or the MX version of that? (Maybe even inverse cross ver.?)
Pure guess though.

boomgopher

14 Dec 2018, 04:14

Hi DT,

Found a "Magitronic" branded Unitek/Dah Yang K151M, has an unusual dark blue Taiwan Jet axis switches with black and translucent housings:

Image
Image

Album with more pics: https://imgur.com/a/7QStYpZ

I don't see these on the Wiki: wiki/Taiwan_jet_axis
Anyone familiar with these? Feel like linears, haven't measured weight yet.

User avatar
JP!

14 Dec 2018, 04:24

mcmaxmcmc wrote:
JP! wrote: I spotted this neat looking Model M clone. Anyone here see this keyboard before or know what switches it might have?

The info I have so far:
Japan Computer Corp (JCC) oem label
FCC ID GT327GKB001 - https://fccid.io/GT327GKB001 (I'm thinking it is from the late 80's)
MADE IN KOREA
SMK Corporation
MODEL KB3000
0.jpg
Spoiler:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Well, it's made by SMK, so I'd guess a Monterey or the MX version of that? (Maybe even inverse cross ver.?)
Pure guess though.
Some good guesses. I'm hoping it will be tactile SMK 2nd gen inverse cross mount but I'll post more pics when I learn more.

User avatar
Noobmaen

14 Dec 2018, 13:59

JP! wrote: I spotted this neat looking Model M clone. Anyone here see this keyboard before or know what switches it might have?

The info I have so far:
Japan Computer Corp (JCC) oem label
FCC ID GT327GKB001 - https://fccid.io/GT327GKB001 (I'm thinking it is from the late 80's)
MADE IN KOREA
SMK Corporation
MODEL KB3000
0.jpg
Spoiler:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Should be a differently branded version of this:
wiki/Tulip_SMK_series

User avatar
JP!

14 Dec 2018, 14:44

Noobmaen wrote: Should be a differently branded version of this:
wiki/Tulip_SMK_series
Nice detective work. :D That case looks identical except for being beige and different branding.

User avatar
Keybug

14 Dec 2018, 18:41

Cherry 1000, Cherry 3000 are pretty obvious. The front one looks very ALPSy. The one at the back with those two extra keys I don't know - somewhat reminiscent of Apple boards but I doubt that's what it is. Anyone in the know? Cheers!
Attachments
capture_001_14122018_183712.png
capture_001_14122018_183712.png (916.34 KiB) Viewed 829 times

User avatar
TheInverseKey

14 Dec 2018, 18:42

Keybug wrote: Cherry 1000, Cherry 3000 are pretty obvious. The front one looks very ALPSy. The one at the back with those two extra keys I don't know - somewhat reminiscent of Apple boards but I doubt that's what it is. Anyone in the know? Cheers!
The one at the front looks like a SKB-5150C
Image

User avatar
Keybug

14 Dec 2018, 18:52

Well spotted! And I actually own one of those... The one at the back also looks to have extra wide function keys.

User avatar
Myoth

14 Dec 2018, 18:54

Keybug wrote: Cherry 1000, Cherry 3000 are pretty obvious. The front one looks very ALPSy. The one at the back with those two extra keys I don't know - somewhat reminiscent of Apple boards but I doubt that's what it is. Anyone in the know? Cheers!
the one at the back is a DFK515AT

Image

and the one at the front can be a lot of stuff, either a FK777, or one of those Tai-Hao 5150AT, but all of them should be pretty interesting :D

wiki/Tai-Hao_TH-5150

User avatar
TheInverseKey

14 Dec 2018, 18:55

Keybug wrote: Well spotted! And I actually own one of those... The one at the back also looks to have extra wide function keys.
What switches did yours come with? I have KeyWorld in mine.

User avatar
Keybug

14 Dec 2018, 20:07

Mine did have the ProWorld clone switches.

Sadly, no dice on the uptake of the above keyboards. Should have phoned, I guess, to convince them to send instead of local pickup... :-(

User avatar
bronz

14 Dec 2018, 21:26

Do you recognise this old keyboard chap ? :geek:

Image

User avatar
Chyros

14 Dec 2018, 23:47

I have a board that looks a lot like that. Mine has Tai-Hao Aruz. I did a video about them.

User avatar
bronz

15 Dec 2018, 12:27

Thanks Chyros.
You are a true keyboard encyclopedia ;)

User avatar
Myoth

15 Dec 2018, 13:46

wiki/Tai-Hao_TH-5539

its a TH-5539-5

User avatar
madrobby

15 Dec 2018, 15:17

What the model number for this Packard Bell? PS/2, Macro key, Big Ass Enter, large backspace, green at key labels, awful keyfeel… no model number on back?
9404B5F9-6326-4586-B5C1-D221451875AB.jpeg
9404B5F9-6326-4586-B5C1-D221451875AB.jpeg (3.56 MiB) Viewed 657 times
28143821-7131-4D46-BA46-7DB056694114.jpeg
28143821-7131-4D46-BA46-7DB056694114.jpeg (2.67 MiB) Viewed 657 times
FF2A0B1A-626C-48C4-B3AB-30BCB9CCCBB3.jpeg
FF2A0B1A-626C-48C4-B3AB-30BCB9CCCBB3.jpeg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 657 times

User avatar
Noobmaen

15 Dec 2018, 15:23

Looks like it's one of these wiki/BTC_53_series

User avatar
madrobby

15 Dec 2018, 15:39

Noobmaen wrote: Looks like it's one of these wiki/BTC_53_series
Thanks!

leoc

15 Dec 2018, 17:03

I hope this is the correct thread to mention things seen on eBay...

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vintage-IBM-PC- ... 4081504166

Image

It's a switchable, third-party AT/XT keyboard. The sticker on the underside says "Supplied by WALTERS INTERNATIONAL LTD" which was evidently a UK PC clone manufacturer (they turned up in the press here, and some surviving machines have shown up on the Web). So it's presumably a relatively well-known keyboard which Walters OEMed, but I'm curious which one, and in particular what the key mechanism was ...

User avatar
Myoth

15 Dec 2018, 17:06

leoc wrote: I hope this is the correct thread to mention things seen on eBay...

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vintage-IBM-PC- ... 4081504166

Image

It's a switchable, third-party AT/XT keyboard. The sticker on the underside says "Supplied by WALTERS INTERNATIONAL LTD" which was evidently a UK PC clone manufacturer (they turned up in the press here, and some surviving machines have shown up on the Web). So it's presumably a relatively well-known keyboard which Walters OEMed, but I'm curious which one, and in particular what the key mechanism was ...
Chyros wrote:
Keybug wrote: What do we reckon this is? The stickers on the back don't give away anything. I'm sure I've seen this keycap shape before but can't place it...

Nice carpet by the way! So the layout isn't the only clue to what country the keyboard lives in! :lol:
It looks like it's a rebranded Datacomp with Futaba MA. Those keycaps are extremely distinctive, and I haven't seen them on anything else yet.

leoc

15 Dec 2018, 22:06

Myoth wrote:
Chyros wrote: It looks like it's a rebranded Datacomp with Futaba MA. Those keycaps are extremely distinctive, and I haven't seen them on anything else yet.
I did have the right thread, excellent. :D

But yes, thank you, it seems to be something very close to the DFK-777F in the wiki or the DFK-700FI that Chryros reviewed. As it happens I'd already asked the seller to pull off a keycap, and (s)he has just very kindly obliged:

Image

That certainly seems to confirm Futaba MA with the standard Futaba mount.

I do wonder if the "extra", UK-specific lettering was double-shot into the keycaps, or added after the fact.

cnrmsn

16 Dec 2018, 20:13

Mitsumi something?ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

hrbatik.h

18 Dec 2018, 11:53

hello,
I have found this keyboard, some really old terminal keyboard. Unfortunatelly, without cable, it was cut off.
Do you have idea, what model is it?
Keycaps are from hard plastic, probably doubleshot, molded, according to the black plastic inside, maybe som eolder Cherry caps?
I am going to completely refurbish this keyboard.
thanks
Jan
Attachments
IMG_4914.JPG
back side - keyboard label
IMG_4914.JPG (1.64 MiB) Viewed 524 times
IMG_4913.JPG
IMG_4913.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 524 times
IMG_4912.JPG
details
IMG_4912.JPG (1.85 MiB) Viewed 524 times
IMG_4911.JPG
details
IMG_4911.JPG (2.05 MiB) Viewed 524 times
IMG_4910.JPG
whole keyboard
IMG_4910.JPG (1.8 MiB) Viewed 524 times

Anakey

18 Dec 2018, 12:12

looks like a Maxi-switch clone of a Sun board with Maxi-switch dome with slider switches, good for the keycaps i guess

User avatar
whiffysole

18 Dec 2018, 16:02

I love that huge 2u Help key

hrbatik.h

18 Dec 2018, 16:26

Thanks!
I opened the keyboard finally and inside is Maxi Switch Inc., with Zilog chipset.
I have a general question - this keyboard has cut off the cable - can I just solder a new with DIN5 connector if I connect the right colors of wires? Or the original connector is different type? I would like test it on PC, whether all switches are working.
thanks
Jan
IMG_4915.JPG
Mainboard with chipset
IMG_4915.JPG (1.95 MiB) Viewed 469 times
IMG_4916.JPG
some unknown switch
IMG_4916.JPG (1.78 MiB) Viewed 469 times
IMG_4917.JPG
circuit foil
IMG_4917.JPG (1.81 MiB) Viewed 469 times
IMG_4919.JPG
socket on the board which I would like to change
IMG_4919.JPG (1.77 MiB) Viewed 469 times

cnrmsn

18 Dec 2018, 18:15

Bump to my post...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”