IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

User avatar
hansichen

19 Dec 2018, 09:39

Keybug wrote: Mine did have the ProWorld clone switches.

Sadly, no dice on the uptake of the above keyboards. Should have phoned, I guess, to convince them to send instead of local pickup... :-(
Looks like you both were wrong, instead of MX clones this board uses wiki/KPT-like_switch and is similar to the wiki/Podworld_292

https://www.ebay.de/itm/123552469504

User avatar
Keybug

19 Dec 2018, 13:47

Gute Detektivarbeit! Hatte ich heute morgen auch schon herausgefunden... :-)

KPT on a "made in Japan" PCB - unusual?

User avatar
TheInverseKey

19 Dec 2018, 17:26

hansichen wrote:
Keybug wrote: Mine did have the ProWorld clone switches.

Sadly, no dice on the uptake of the above keyboards. Should have phoned, I guess, to convince them to send instead of local pickup... :-(
Looks like you both were wrong, instead of MX clones this board uses wiki/KPT-like_switch and is similar to the wiki/Podworld_292

https://www.ebay.de/itm/123552469504
I admit defeat, it seems like you are right based on the pcb and that there is no hole for the MX housing to poke through. Interested though to see if he drops the price because imo it's not worth the price that he is asking.

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Dec 2018, 17:54

hrbatik.h wrote: […] I am going to completely refurbish this keyboard. […]
Not worth doing anything on it. You should rather sell the keycaps to me :mrgreen:

hrbatik.h

19 Dec 2018, 23:31

kbdfr wrote:
hrbatik.h wrote: […] I am going to completely refurbish this keyboard. […]
Not worth doing anything on it. You should rather sell the keycaps to me :mrgreen:
yes, I have got the same idea - sell the keycaps alone on ebay. Because the caps are really nice, vintage and rounded and seem to be in perfect condition with rough surface . And the bonus, they are doubleshot and fit to cherry switches.

User avatar
Keybug

20 Dec 2018, 19:13

What's that terrible looking keyboard?!

User avatar
Icarium

20 Dec 2018, 19:21

Must be the original chiclet! ;)

User avatar
Keybug

20 Dec 2018, 19:29

Ah, that must be it. Mother of Chiclet!!

User avatar
Dingster

20 Dec 2018, 19:41

What in gods name is this? Image

User avatar
Myoth

20 Dec 2018, 19:42

an eyebeeM keyboard of course !

User avatar
Dingster

20 Dec 2018, 19:54

Image
Another pic

User avatar
stratokaster

20 Dec 2018, 20:20

Looks like it came from a ticket machine or something like that.

User avatar
Dingster

20 Dec 2018, 20:29

stratokaster wrote: Looks like it came from a ticket machine or something like that.
Strange thing is, that it has a PS2 plug.

User avatar
bronz

20 Dec 2018, 20:59

Do you know what kind of keycaps Cherry G81-8000 MY has ??
doubleshot or laser printed

Image

davkol

20 Dec 2018, 21:05

latches on f&j ~ thin PBT

User avatar
stratokaster

20 Dec 2018, 23:21

Dingster wrote: Strange thing is, that it has a PS2 plug.
Well, those things really are PCs in disguise.

Excelso

21 Dec 2018, 15:06

Dingster wrote: What in gods name is this? Image
That's an IBM vintage keyboard. The EyeBeeM logo is from the 80-90s

User avatar
Dingster

21 Dec 2018, 16:27

Excelso wrote:
Dingster wrote: What in gods name is this? Image
That's an IBM vintage keyboard. The EyeBeeM logo is from the 80-90s
Appreciate the answer. Its probably some sort of membrane?

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

21 Dec 2018, 18:37

I wonder where you guys have been the last 10 years or so...

These (and similar) built-in keyboards are still commonly in use at public terminals,
where touch screens are now slowly making them obsolete.

Excelso

22 Dec 2018, 00:42

Dingster wrote:
Excelso wrote:
Dingster wrote: What in gods name is this? Image
That's an IBM vintage keyboard. The EyeBeeM logo is from the 80-90s
Appreciate the answer. Its probably some sort of membrane?
Yes

https://patents.google.com/patent/DE9200205U1/un

User avatar
Keybug

25 Dec 2018, 19:03

Anyone know what switches a Wang WLTC laptop with rntegrated printer comes with? Thanks.

owcze

26 Dec 2018, 22:50

can someone indentify this keyboard, what switches it's using and is it worth it 10$?
Attachments
image;s=1000x7002.jpeg
bottom
image;s=1000x7002.jpeg (90.8 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
image;s=1000x700.jpeg
top
image;s=1000x700.jpeg (37.88 KiB) Viewed 1124 times

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

27 Dec 2018, 00:17

owcze wrote: can someone indentify this keyboard, what switches it's using and is it worth it 10$?
It has a metal plate so I'd say it's worth the shot. With some restoration work that may be a good Alps chassis.

User avatar
Keybug

27 Dec 2018, 09:22

I have a similar board that has Fuitsu domes or Peerless. I'd wait for a better opportunity.

User avatar
Chyros

27 Dec 2018, 10:45

It's a rebranded Fujitsu keyboard (C9S). It'll be rubber domes I'm sure.

owcze

27 Dec 2018, 13:21

abrahamstechnology wrote:
owcze wrote: can someone indentify this keyboard, what switches it's using and is it worth it 10$?
It has a metal plate so I'd say it's worth the shot. With some restoration work that may be a good Alps chassis.
Keybug wrote: I have a similar board that has Fuitsu domes or Peerless. I'd wait for a better opportunity.
Chyros wrote: It's a rebranded Fujitsu keyboard (C9S). It'll be rubber domes I'm sure.
Thanks guys for the help.

Findecanor

27 Dec 2018, 13:42

bronz wrote: Do you know what kind of keycaps Cherry G81-8000 MY has ??
doubleshot or laser printed
If a grey Cherry MX or MY keyboard has windows keys, they are laser-etched and thin. But at least they are Cherry-profile PBT.
Also, on newer MY keyboards, most stabilised keys are likely to be cheaper kinds don't work with stabilisers for Cherry MX, and the 1.25u keys on the bottom row have the stem offset from the middle for some reason.
Dingster wrote: Its probably some sort of membrane?
Likely because the keys are so low. I have seen public-terminal keyboards with Cherry MX switches though.
Keybug wrote: Anyone know what switches a Wang WLTC laptop with rntegrated printer comes with? Thanks.
I googled some images to look, and in some of them the keys don't sit straight. That rules out Cherry MX and Alps anyway.
owcze wrote: can someone indentify this keyboard, what switches it's using and is it worth it 10$?
I'm pretty sure I have tried it some time and found it to be a mushy rubber dome.

User avatar
Noobmaen

29 Dec 2018, 01:02

IMG_3473.jpg
IMG_3473.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 972 times
Does anyone know what this is? The keycaps are vaguely similar to Siemens and RAFI but have a more rectangular shape.

User avatar
Keybug

29 Dec 2018, 22:59

Beats me, Noobmaen.

Here's a bad angle photo of the keyboard of a Thomson TO16 PCM. Any ideas? Thanks.
Attachments
6ffa2308088973702ddd22480c5eb885b9128141.jpg
6ffa2308088973702ddd22480c5eb885b9128141.jpg (126.38 KiB) Viewed 932 times

owcze

31 Dec 2018, 17:47

Hi, i've come again with request for identification. I know these photos are not ideal but it's all I have. Any help appreciated.
Attachments
bottom1.jpg
bottom 1
bottom1.jpg (781.97 KiB) Viewed 857 times
top1.jpg
top 1
top1.jpg (680.58 KiB) Viewed 857 times
bottom2.jpg
bottom 2
bottom2.jpg (695 KiB) Viewed 857 times
top2.jpg
top 2
top2.jpg (898.82 KiB) Viewed 857 times
bottom3.jpg
bottom 3
bottom3.jpg (721.02 KiB) Viewed 857 times
top3.jpg
top 3
top3.jpg (846.39 KiB) Viewed 857 times

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”