IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

User avatar
ZedTheMan

05 Mar 2019, 04:31

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3744719580

Another time, another question of what is the switch?

Findecanor

05 Mar 2019, 05:22

ZedTheMan wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 04:31
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3744719580

Another time, another question of what is the switch?
Pretty cool to see 2u keys straddling two 1u positions. Those look like they have stabiliser bars, but that also means that the switches between each one can't be very wide. Because of that, and because it has a white plate, it is likely not mechanical. Good-looking special-purpose keyboard though.

User avatar
Gamuholic

05 Mar 2019, 06:04

Findecanor wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 05:22
Those look like they have stabiliser bars, but that also means that the switches between each one can't be very wide. Because of that, and because it has a white plate, it is likely not mechanical.
I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I have a PC Accessories KB-7001 in front of me with a 2u Escape that has a stabilizer for an Alps switch, so the coincidence was too good not to share :D
IMG_20190304_214944_50.jpg
IMG_20190304_214944_50.jpg (535.34 KiB) Viewed 996 times

ghostdawg187

05 Mar 2019, 21:24

Do you have any idea? What kind of switches and keycaps? Is it connected via ps2 or xt/at?
Screenshot_2019-03-05-21-21-17.png
Screenshot_2019-03-05-21-21-17.png (944.45 KiB) Viewed 934 times
Screenshot_2019-03-05-21-22-36.png
Screenshot_2019-03-05-21-22-36.png (544.31 KiB) Viewed 934 times

ghostdawg187

06 Mar 2019, 12:08

The above requested keyboard is from "Inputronic" or "Solid Year". I have never heard of them and seems to have an AT-connector. But I am totally unsure if it is rubberdome or not.

PS: It is a Solidtek ACK-700, but I still don't know if it is rubberdome or not :(

User avatar
derzemel

06 Mar 2019, 15:49

ghostdawg187 wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 12:08
PS: It is a Solidtek ACK-700, but I still don't know if it is rubberdome or not :(
based on the number of screws on the back and the fact that the keyboard case doesn't look that deep (except the top where the controller, cable gutter and legs are located) it is most certain a rubber dome

ghostdawg187

06 Mar 2019, 15:59

derzemel wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 15:49
ghostdawg187 wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 12:08
PS: It is a Solidtek ACK-700, but I still don't know if it is rubberdome or not :(
based on the number of screws on the back and the fact that the keyboard case doesn't look that deep (except the top where the controller, cable gutter and legs are located) it is most certain a rubber dome
The more screws it has the more it is likely to be rubberdome?

User avatar
derzemel

06 Mar 2019, 16:16

ghostdawg187 wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 15:59
The more screws it has the more it is likely to be rubberdome?
not that alone, but also the fact that the case is not deep enough to hold normal switches. In the second picture you can see the the back of the case (there the legs are located) is taller than the part where the screws are. This tells me that inside the case there is a membrane that needs to be kept from moving around.
The only membrane keyboard that I know of that we consider to be mechanical, is the IBM Model M

User avatar
Chyros

06 Mar 2019, 17:11

Keyboards that have sunk-in backpanels like that are almost always membrane, in my experience.

Findecanor

06 Mar 2019, 18:36

It looks to me like it has a slightly curved backplane, and a curved backplane means membrane.
However, a membrane does not always mean rubber dome. I know of only two non-rubber dome membrane switches that could have a curved backplane though: Model M buckling spring and Mitsumi's "hybrid switch".
Judging by the keyboard font, it could perhaps be Mitsumi: neither this nor known Mitsumi keyboards have a font that sticks out from the crowd. The Alphas and digits seem to match but many others might also use the same font. One would need a better picture to tell better.

User avatar
Chyros

06 Mar 2019, 19:10

Findecanor wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 18:36
It looks to me like it has a slightly curved backplane, and a curved backplane means membrane.
However, a membrane does not always mean rubber dome. I know of only two non-rubber dome membrane switches that could have a curved backplane though: Model M buckling spring and Mitsumi's "hybrid switch".
Judging by the keyboard font, it could perhaps be Mitsumi: neither this nor known Mitsumi keyboards have a font that sticks out from the crowd. The Alphas and digits seem to match but many others might also use the same font. One would need a better picture to tell better.
To my knowledge, Mitsumi hybrid boards don't use a curved assembly Oo . What model are you referring to exactly?

Findecanor

06 Mar 2019, 20:21

Chyros wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 19:10
To my knowledge, Mitsumi hybrid boards don't use a curved assembly Oo . What model are you referring to exactly?
I too didn't know they could exist until a month ago: Atari TT 030 keyboard.
When I was looking up the thread, I saw that an Apple Keyboard II could also have it. Duh. I should have known that one.

User avatar
Chyros

06 Mar 2019, 22:22

Interesting, never seen that before!

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

07 Mar 2019, 01:29

ghostdawg187 wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 21:24
Do you have any idea? What kind of switches and keycaps? Is it connected via ps2 or xt/at?

Screenshot_2019-03-05-21-21-17.png

Screenshot_2019-03-05-21-22-36.png
I had one. Dome with slider and the keycaps and slilders awhere a single piece built in the chasis of the keyboard, so if you take a keycap it will break. Very strange keyboard.

Aran.E99

13 Mar 2019, 16:33

Hey everyone (for the third time, lol) - what switches would a non-stepped Chicony KB-5160 have? The FCC ID ends in XT which I can't seem to find anything about. I figured Omrons but I want to be safe. Thanks!

Anakey

13 Mar 2019, 17:22

all that can be known is just going by the wiki page wiki/Chicony_KB-5160 given the different configurations with no information. I would probably say omrons would be the case should be a nice switch anyway even taking into account the dubious reliability.

Aran.E99

13 Mar 2019, 17:28

Yeah sadly it seems like its switch roulette. I'l wait for the seller to get back to me and hopefully they take my offer!

davkol

14 Mar 2019, 21:43

updated: BTC FT7000 is tactile foam&foil (rubber sleeves, MX-mount stems).
Last edited by davkol on 23 Mar 2019, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.

Jimi14

17 Mar 2019, 11:22

Image

Anyone know about this thing? It's a FACIT KBPC-10 according to the sellers listing and the only info i could find was that it's a rebranded Cherry 601-1551 rev 2.0, which i have never heard about.

Wen't above my price sadly, but kinda curious about what i've missed.

User avatar
Khers

17 Mar 2019, 12:26

It's the same keyboard as this: viewtopic.php?t=8373

So should be a Facit branded G80-1200 HAO or similar.

601-1551 seems to be the article number for the PCB.

Aran.E99

18 Mar 2019, 17:43

Update on Chicony KB-5160: I noticed the caps looked very odd and realised they're 100% Futaba MA switches based on the keycaps. I ended up getting a Datacomp DFK192 from the same seller instead, though.

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

19 Mar 2019, 05:47

Hello again. What the FUCK is this? Could be used for Family Basic?

Image

PD: seller wants just 20 USD

Findecanor

19 Mar 2019, 06:43

That looks like a "FamiClone": a Chinese clone of the Nintendo Famicom ("Family Computer"), an early version of the NES.
Game consoles were illegal in China back in the '80s and '90s, so those for the Chinese market were made into "educational" computers with keyboards and an educational cartridge so they could be sold there.

Edit: Here's a review of another one, not exact match but possibly the same manufacturer.
BTW. I have seen (keyboardless) famiclones with similar undersized Playstation-lookalike controllers before. Would most likely work only with its famiclone ... and they are bad. The D-pad was not a single piece or four single buttons, but two button-caps, each on top of two switches. :roll:

User avatar
madrobby

19 Mar 2019, 23:07

This is a screencap from "The Farthest", a documentary on the Voyager spacecraft. What's the keyboard? The caps are gorgeous.
IMG_4279.jpeg
IMG_4279.jpeg (2.65 MiB) Viewed 152 times

imdatperson

19 Mar 2019, 23:12

madrobby wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 23:07
This is a screencap from "The Farthest", a documentary on the Voyager spacecraft. What's the keyboard? The caps are gorgeous. IMG_4279.jpeg
I would guess an old ADDS terminal. Nothin better than some orange computer stuff!

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”