Using the wiki
Editing the wiki
- Use singular (when possible) phrase style titles for page titles and headings, not titles with each word capitalized. So it's Buckling spring not Buckling Springs, and Keyboards with Cherry switches, not Keyboards with Cherry Switches (same as wikipedia).
- Don't put articles in categories which are a parent or grandparent of the deepest category the article is part of. So Cherry MX Blue is in category Cherry MX, which is in category Cherry switches. But Cherry MX Blue shouldn't be in Cherry switches.. In some cases a 'List of all ...' category can be made to which all deepest children can be added.
- Use Alps, not ALPS.
- Use keycap, not key cap (same as wikipedia).
- Use Space-cadet keyboard, not Space Cadet keyboard (same as wikipedia).
See the forum wiki topic for more.
Images uploaded to the wiki should be done within accordance of the copyright terms for the image. The following sources are authorised for image uploads under the terms specified:
- Granted under the terms "如果你詳細註明來源與出處及原始來源網頁,引用至WiKi~~這是可以的" translated in context as "If you attribute and credit the origin of the source of the web page, you may use them in your wiki."
- Every image I upload to the Deskthority forums as an attachment to a post is also licensed for use on the Deskthority wiki with attribution, as well as under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0. Please ask before using images hosted on http://bhtooefr.org, but I will likely grant permission for usage on the wiki.
- All of my own pictures posted on Deskthority.net can be used in the Deskthority wiki, or other non commercial use within Deskthority, unless specified otherwise. Attribution welcome but not necessary.
- Granted under the terms "If anyone would like to add photos from clickykeyboards.com to the DT wiki (or to any other keyboard tech resource), we don't have a problem as long as correct attribution is given to the original source."
- All the pictures that are my own work and that I posted in the Deskthority or Geekhack forums can be used in the Deskthority wiki.
- All my photographs posted on the discussion boards Deskthority & Geekhack can be used in the Deskthority wiki & can be adapted, cropped or transformed. Attribution is welcome.
- Permission obtained through Sandy: "He allowed you and DeskThority to use his images within Deskthority as far as Deskthority will keep being public, and will not tend to commercial activity earning money using his pictures as advertisement for selling goods. But please keep in mind he will not respond to emails or any inquiries from foreigners to his BBS, or request for trade/buying keyboards … Preferably, please put a note something like "great thanks to Mousefan providing pictures and information ..." or such somewhere in wiki page or any appropriate space."
- Every image I upload to DT is completely free to use without limit, for any purpose.
- Nightfall Blog
- Author: nightfallcrew.com
- License: Public domain or nearest equivalent.
- See http://deskthority.net/photos-videos-f8/alps-skcm-amber-t7426.html#p147549 (translation unclear)
- Sandy's a little bit of keyboards
- Permission to use his images on other websites is given on the website in Japanese
- All the pictures that are my own work and that I posted in the Deskthority forum can be used in the Deskthority wiki.
- All the pictures I have posted to Deskthority.net (not that there are many ATM...) as my own work are in the public domain.
- All keyboard pictures are public domain; this includes all photos on webwit.nl/input/: see webwit.nl/input/PUBLICDOMAIN.txt
Source (e.g. URL) and copyright terms should be included in the image description to indicate that image is used with permission and not stolen. Template:Filedesc should be used to caption the image, and it has ready-made fields for source and copyright. This has been the default for some time now, one just needs to fill in the form.
References and external links to pages containing the images should be used instead of uploading the images directly, in cases where permission to use the image has not been obtained.
- KBTalking — ㊣ALPS軸類零組件比較㊣ (page 2)
- Deskthority — 1988 Industrial Model M - NIB !! (post ID 115555)
- Deskthority — The wiki thread