ML1A-xxxx (lowest profile)|
|Rated lifetime||20 M|
|Actuation force||45 cN|
|Pretravel||1.5 ± 0.51 mm|
|Total travel||3.0 ± 0.51 mm|
The Cherry ML switch is a low-profile keyswitch, only available in a single tactile variant. Cherry ML switches are designed to be PCB mounted only. Their design, just like the full-travel Cherry MX keyswitch, allows support for wire-jumpers or diodes.
Cherry ML switches came in two different heights, with product codes beginning ML1A and ML1B for the "lowest profile" short and "robust" extended height versions. The short version is the most common variant, found in Cherry G84 Series keyboards. According to Cherry, ML1B-11JW was discontinued in September 2013.
|ML1A-11JW (lowest profile)|
- Cherry G84 series
- Tandberg Display TDV 5010
- Art Lebedev Optimus Maximus
- Dolch FlexPAC keyboard
- Newer Datalux SpaceSaver
- Kinesis Advantage2 (function keys)
- Electronics World 102 (1996) p.72: Low profile keyswitches are described in a new brochure by Cherry. The ML switch is designed to give the full 3 mm travel preferred by touch typists on standard keyboards.
- PC Watch — フル有機LEDキーボード「Optimus Maximus」ハードウェアレビュー (Japanese only) Dated 2008-04-21. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- Geekhack — What is this non-cherry switch on a Dolch PAC? Posted 2013-10-17. Retrieved 2015-07-23.