|Keyswitches||Cherry MX or Alps|
|Interconnect||Custom serial protocol over a USB 3.0 Micro B cable.|
Jason Alexander (Haata)|
Gennadiy Nerubayev (Parak)
|License||CERN OHL v1.2|
The Infinity ErgoDox is a clone of the ErgoDox keyboard, made with the blessing of the ErgoDox's creator Dox.
It is an open source design, by Haata who also wrote the firmware. The circuit boards were designed by Parak.
New features compared to the original:
- All new surface-mounted electronics.
- Support for both Cherry MX and Alps.
- Backlit keys
- A small LCD screen for showing layer
- New keyboard interconnect.
- There is no support for 1×1u keys for little-finger columns or instead of 1×2u thumb keys.
- No support for PCB-mounted stabilisers.
- Not compatible with original ErgoDox cases or firmware.
- Massdrop won the 2015 Deskthority's "Ping" Award for the management of the Infinity ErgoDox drop, among other things.